News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 08, 2019, 04:41:08 PM
The main reason people oppose the wall is because the Big Tool wants it.

That's part of it but another part is that congressional Dems don't want to be negotiating against themselves like fools.  Pence made a reasonable compromise offer but the risk of accepting is that Trump then follows his usual M.O. of repudiating it so he can retrade for more.  In fact, Trump later clarified Pence lacked authority to make the proposal.

White House chaos + Trump's asinine concept of negotiation is a deadly combination.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

Don't negotiate with Trump, ever.

I wish my government didn't. :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

QuoteRobert Waters
December 27, 2018 at 11:43 AM
Russia donated $0.00 to Trump. Russia donated $145,600,000.00 to the Clinton foundation. But Trump is the one under investigation?

QuoteMike Kintner
August 26, 2018
Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy. Hell has open borders. Let that sink in.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Why this wall was not already built is a mystery to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on January 14, 2019, 04:12:04 PM
August 26, 2018
Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy. Hell has open borders. Let that sink in.

:lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on January 14, 2019, 04:21:57 PM
Why this wall was not already built is a mystery to me.

I thought most of the border already had some kind of barrier or wall, or at least a fence, but then this new Trump wall is supposed to be bigly.

The Minsky Moment

I'm no theologian but I'm pretty Hell doesn't have open borders.

Heaven does have a strict immigration policy though. Mostly to keep the rich out.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 14, 2019, 05:37:05 PM

I've always imagined it as a giant pit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 14, 2019, 06:47:08 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 14, 2019, 05:37:05 PM

I've always imagined it as a giant pit.

The first level of Hell is walled off from the others.  Julius Caesar hangs and Aristotle hang out there.  It's nice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Article shared by my niece's husband.

http://populist.media/2019/01/08/petition-to-remove-iihan-abdullahi-omar-from-congressional-position-for-participating-in-immigration-fraud-circulates-the-web/?fbclid=IwAR1_gTxTkWipTmT9vDmzfJLgjYNTKPxKJJztjmSfCqUpNhqNGnVcInBHIfY

QuotePetition To Remove Ilhan Abdullahi Omar From Congressional Position For Participating In Immigration Fraud Circulates The Web

A petition to remove the newly elected House Representative Ilhan Abdullahi Omar was created by an anonymous person that goes by the initials C.M. on January 5th, 2019. C.M.'s objective is not only to have Abdllahi Omar removed from her congressional position but to also have her arrested after committing immigration fraud by marrying her own brother, Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, in 2009 in order to give him U.S. citizenship. In 2011, Ilhan Abdullahi Omar married her current husband, Ahmed Hirsi, while still married to her brother. Ilhan Omar legally divorced her brother in December 2017.

Alpha News reported that the entire Omar family has a history of committing fraud, fraud that even precedes their infiltration of the refugee program to travel from their home country of Somalia to the U.K. and later the United States. The Wall Street Journal also published a relevant article in 2008 on the halt on the refugee program in Africa due to DNA tests proving that families had lied about their ties.

The link to the legal petition to remove the fraudulent congresswoman is provided below for those who wish to participate in keeping Washington D.C. clean from any new "swamp monsters". The petition will expire after 30 days and is required to have a minimum of 100,000 cyber signatures in order to be considered by Congress. The current number of signatures received is 6,817 as of today. At Populist Media, we encourage all of our dear patriots to stand up for our nation and sign the petition.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/removal-d-mn-iihan-abdullahi-omar-5th-congressional-district-her-participation-marriage-fraud
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Wow. An offended person on the internet. How novel.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."