News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

It has some nice metaphorical uses, as well...
Que le grand cric me croque !

CountDeMoney

Syt

My other sister posted a video by Yolo Mionneapolis that amounts to, "Trump is president, so suck it up."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

You can make the same meme with a different flag and 5.5 million dead German soldiers... stupid.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on May 28, 2017, 02:16:15 PM
You can make the same meme with a different flag and 5.5 million dead German soldiers... stupid.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Although with some people that leads ironically to the reaction, "That's ancient history, why do you bring this up?"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Syt on May 28, 2017, 02:07:07 PM

My other sister posted a video by Yolo Mionneapolis that amounts to, "Trump is president, so suck it up."

I generally respond to this crap, "Yeah, they died fighting to not be Americans. Kinda put a damper on that whole 'United' part of 'United States.'"
Experience bij!

Syt

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 29, 2017, 04:24:22 AM
I generally respond to this crap, "Yeah, they died fighting to not be Americans. Kinda put a damper on that whole 'United' part of 'United States.'"

Well, they also shared:

Inscription: "Being German means being loyal - He who found death in holy battle - rests in fatherland, even on foreign soil"

Comment by original poster: "What about these memorials? It remembers the deaths of both wars. If I pay my respects, am I right-wing, too?"

(Context: following the soldier preparing a false-flag attack to incite hatred against refugees, a discussion occurred about right wing tendencies in the German military, and whether some of their traditions are still appropriate.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 29, 2017, 04:24:22 AM
I generally respond to this crap, "Yeah, they died fighting to not be Americans.

What was the name of the country they formed again?  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

The Confederate States of Antarctica?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

ulmont

Quote from: Syt on May 28, 2017, 02:07:07 PM

This is the set of flags the idiots are bringing to City Park in New Orleans, former home of the statute to Gen. Beauregard.

I imagine the conversation went like this:

"I don't have a Confederate flag, even a thin blue line one, or a Mississippi flag, but I have a President Trump flag I could bring?"

"Good enough."

From the left to the right, the "Nyberg Three Percent Flag" (Alabama militia group), President Trump, a Confederate / Thin Blue Line combination, the original Confederate flag (Stars & Bars), the Mississippi state flag, the Firefighter "Thin Red Line" American Flag variant, the Army of Northern Virginia's flag, and then I can't quite make out the US flag variant behind it.

Recently they have also added the flag of independent Louisiana (between secession and joining the CSA), which frankly looks awful.