News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Um you don't wear a mask to protect yourself though...

Anyway accusationg of hypocrisy usually just indicate you have no compelling counter-argument.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

It's incredible how absolutely EVERYTHING can be politicised over there.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on May 19, 2020, 09:14:12 AM

Oh fuck yes. It is insane. Every damn thing is some kind of political statement. It pisses me off to no end.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2020, 09:14:58 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 19, 2020, 09:14:12 AM

Oh fuck yes. It is insane. Every damn thing is some kind of political statement. It pisses me off to no end.
That sounds like communist talk.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on May 19, 2020, 09:43:52 AM
That sounds like communist talk.

All this politics divides the proletariat with false conciousness  :ultra:

Habbaku

Taxes kill, folks. Glad to see that the pandemic of state income taxes is finally getting the attention it deserves. Georgia's 6% state income tax killed 71,200 people last year.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on May 19, 2020, 10:50:54 AM
Taxes kill, folks. Glad to see that the pandemic of state income taxes is finally getting the attention it deserves. Georgia's 6% state income tax killed 71,200 people last year.

Not sure if serious. :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

It is why nobody has died in Alaska, Texas, Washington, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, or Wyoming...though in South Dakota and Wyoming's case that is just because nobody lives there.

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2020, 10:57:23 AM
It is why nobody has died in Alaska, Texas, Washington, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, or Wyoming...though in South Dakota and Wyoming's case that is just because nobody lives there.

Not any more.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Sometimes I wonder whether stuff like this is legitimate stupidity, or just a gaslighting campaign.  You just throw so much intentional stupidity at the viewer that they stop believing that reasoned arguments are even a thing.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 19, 2020, 09:13:18 AM
Um you don't wear a mask to protect yourself though...

Anyway accusationg of hypocrisy usually just indicate you have no compelling counter-argument.

Speaking of which...  :P

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on May 19, 2020, 11:30:26 AM
Sometimes I wonder whether stuff like this is legitimate stupidity, or just a gaslighting campaign.  You just throw so much intentional stupidity at the viewer that they stop believing that reasoned arguments are even a thing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/03/the-2020-disinformation-war/605530/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Not from my family, but here's something from my Twitter feed that made me chuckle.

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2020, 09:37:43 AM
Not from my family, but here's something from my Twitter feed that made me chuckle.

:lol: