News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Thank God we didn't have this attitude during WW2.  We'd be out the war after armed protesters demanded that their right to sugar was being infringed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2020, 06:31:08 PM
Thank God we didn't have this attitude during WW2.  We'd be out the war after armed protesters demanded that their right to sugar was being infringed.

You think the US should have surrendered immediately to save lives?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Brain on May 13, 2020, 06:34:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 13, 2020, 06:31:08 PM

You think the US should have surrendered immediately to save lives?

I think they would have claimed Hitler was a Hoax and rationing would have been too much of a sacrifice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Duque de Bragança

Syt

"If you can get yourself to the grocery store, the Drug Store, Home Depot, Lowe's Walmart, Target etc etc oh and the Liquor Store and stand in line waiting to get in , you can get yourself to the Voting Booth and do the same. Please people do not fall for the bullshit the democrats are trying to sell you."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

It really is amazing how against postal votes the far right are. Even before corona I noticed it was a real rising trend.
So transparent in why they're against it too.
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Tyr on May 15, 2020, 03:03:38 AM
It really is amazing how against postal votes the far right are. Even before corona I noticed it was a real rising trend.
So transparent in why they're against it too.

They're definitely not hiding their motives.

"They had things, levels of voting that if you'd ever agreed to it, you'd never have a Republican elected in this country again" Donald Trump

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 15, 2020, 02:50:30 AM
"If you can get yourself to the grocery store, the Drug Store, Home Depot, Lowe's Walmart, Target etc etc oh and the Liquor Store and stand in line waiting to get in , you can get yourself to the Voting Booth and do the same. Please people do not fall for the bullshit the democrats are trying to sell you."

Heh. If you can order from the Drug Store, Home Depot, Lowe's, Walmart, Target, etc etc online you can vote by mail. Please people do not fall for the voter suppressing nonsense Syt's family is trying to sell you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Really? State and local officials who earn basically nothing and work very long hours in public service? And almost all of them have careers and businesses outside of public service are now being smeared as some kind of elitist clique?

Is there anybody in the United States your family has not smeared and attacked as evil at some point Syt? I guess the President.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2020, 03:03:07 PM
Really? State and local officials who earn basically nothing and work very long hours in public service? And almost all of them have careers and businesses outside of public service are now being smeared as some kind of elitist clique?

Is there anybody in the United States your family has not smeared and attacked as evil at some point Syt? I guess the President.

I don't think Syt's family is writing these.

I do find it funny that people who can't even be bothered to vote are attempting to splinter society based on the actions of a bunch of very-part-time state legislators.  Virginia's legislature meets for an average of 45 days a year and legislators get less than $18k in salary.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

This kind of bullshit goes way back.  I grew up among politicians, they are typically pretty ordinary and frequently quite dull.  Our current governor is just some farmer.  The Lieutenant Governor is a guy who owned a car dealership.  If these dipshits actually took the time to meet their representatives and talk to them they will find that yes, the coronavirus has hit them just as hard as it has everyone else.

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on May 16, 2020, 03:53:31 PM

I don't think Syt's family is writing these.

Correct. They see some post on their timeline that's ARGHL-BARGHL-EVIL POLITICIANS and they will just share it without thinking about it too hard.

Though I'm not sure how much of that post also reflects our upbringing. From my parents' view, anyone owning a business or being self-employed (even if it's just the local shoe shop or the town's insurance guy) was on a notably higher societal tier than our family and therefore distant/separate. My father was in our town's small fishing club and considered it quite prestigious that there were two or three shop owners in in it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould