News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2020, 04:59:40 PM
Sometimes you need to be skeptical about your skepticism.

So you think the neo-Nazi has a point?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2020, 07:41:19 PM

Why did you ask this to me, and not Ucks?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2020, 07:46:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2020, 07:41:19 PM

Why did you ask this to me, and not Ucks?

Cause I don't know which one is Ucks.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2020, 10:01:28 PM

Why did you ask that question to me, and not the poster who posted just before me?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2020, 10:03:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2020, 10:01:28 PM

Why did you ask that question to me, and not the poster who posted just before me?

Because I thought you were telling him not to be so skeptical of the Watson tweet.  I admit, I wasn't sure, so that's why I asked.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on March 25, 2020, 11:23:45 PM
Because I thought you were telling him not to be so skeptical of the Watson tweet.  I admit, I wasn't sure, so that's why I asked.

You answered my question, more or less, so I'll answer yours.

I have no clue if this guy is a neo-Nazi.  Never heard of him before.

If by his point you mean that immigrants are out on the streets disregarding the lock down, yes I do, on the basis of what Ucks (he's the poster who posted just before me) posted.

If by his point you mean is it lunacy, then yes, if the facts are true as reported it is lunacy.

Eddie Teach

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Don't they see the inconsistency in the police operating in supposed no go zones? 🤔
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 25, 2020, 04:51:06 PM
It's unfortunately worse than that. It's got a kernel of truth in it, twisted in service of a hateful ideology. Shelter-in-home orders have been difficult to enforce, and in some banlieues, it's taken the guise of the usual resistance to police controls.

Referenced by French media. Even some market zones in Paris centre with a strong immigrant population had trouble enforcing it. No rioting as in those banlieues though.
So there is trouble in the banlieues, it's more than a kernel of truth, say half-truth or more, but not (yet) the apocalyptic version depicted.

According to the generally well-informed left-wing satyrical Canard Enchaîné, now quoted by the right and far-right, government has decided to not press too much the lockdown over there, after early opposed attempts. Lack of personnel, due to sickness, courts to a standstill due to lockout etc. Curfews are left to local authorities, interior minister washing its hands (implied by the article).
Police all over the place does not help illegal drug dealing as a matter of fact, to give an example. Article ends by saying drug pushers have more masks than the police, and do home deliveries...

Iormlund

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 26, 2020, 05:10:51 AMArticle ends by saying drug pushers have more masks than the police, and do home deliveries...

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Admiral Yi

The memesters seem to be slacking off.  :hmm:

Syt

So between all the "stay at home", "wash your hands", "take Covid19 serious," "be nice to nurses/store clerks/truckers" posts, this one was wedged in:

I'm starting to think my sisters might not think too hard about what they post to their wall ...  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on March 30, 2020, 01:29:32 AM
I'm starting to think my sisters might not think too hard about what they post to their wall ...  :hmm:
starting?  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

It's interesting that the far right are so big on corona denialism. You'd think they'd be throwing themselves wholeheartedly into bigging it up as an extinction level event unless drastic action is taken.
It gives them so much of what they want. Hate for China, massively restricted international travel, etc...
If I was of a brexity disposition I'd be loving this and hoping it continues after the crisis.
██████
██████
██████