News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

And how do you think you get those things Karen.
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

:unsure: How do you keep your shoes and pants clean with this method?  Or how do you walk out after you're done, for that matter?

Syt

Post shared by sister:

Quote{name redacted}
January 19 at 11:14 AM
The Boston Red Sox manager, who refused President Trump's White House invitation after winning the World Series in 2018, has been caught in a cheating scandal and now faces a lifetime ban from baseball.

Lmfao....

The loudest critics of Trump always have the most to hide.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

dps

I knew Alex Cora was fired, but I'm pretty sure that he's not facing any lifetime ban.

The Minsky Moment

He is facing very stern discipline but the connection between that and Donald Trump is so tortured and obscure one really has to be desperate to raise it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

If I was defending Trump I would avoid bring up issues of marital fidelity.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Razgovory on January 21, 2020, 04:05:37 PM
If I was defending Trump I would avoid bring up issues of marital fidelity.

It's sign-stealing, not marital infidelity.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on January 21, 2020, 01:52:54 PM
Post shared by sister:

Quote{name redacted}
January 19 at 11:14 AM
The Boston Red Sox manager, who refused President Trump's White House invitation after winning the World Series in 2018, has been caught in a cheating scandal and now faces a lifetime ban from baseball.

Lmfao....

The loudest critics of Trump always have the most to hide.

I guess your sister just, what, ignores the guys within Trump's own orbit that have been convicted?

Who am I kidding; I already know the answer.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

"Brooklyn leader"? Is that an office?

Oh and Cuomo is not mayor of New York City.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

No, but the governor could still be said to be in charge there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?