And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 20, 2019, 04:35:15 PM
I feel like we've seen that one before.

They blend into each other for me at this point.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maximus

Quote from: Syt on October 16, 2019, 01:15:47 AM

I believe this image was originally created about the Kavanaugh confirmation.

Maximus

Not Facebook, but my brother informed me today that if Trudeau wins this election Western Canada will likely secede because they can't survive another 4 years of Trudeau. Also the Green and NDP parties have vowed to utterly destroy Alberta.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on October 21, 2019, 11:31:05 AM
Not Facebook, but my brother informed me today that if Trudeau wins this election Western Canada will likely secede because they can't survive another 4 years of Trudeau. Also the Green and NDP parties have vowed to utterly destroy Alberta.

Alberta is not Western Canada.....

Barrister

All true. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2019, 11:32:46 AM

All true. -_-

The only thing that is worse than a person who thinks Toronto is the center of the universe is an Albertan who thinks that province is synonymous with Western Canada.

Maximus

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 21, 2019, 11:32:06 AM

Are you sure? After all, Alberta bankrolls the rest of the country.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on October 21, 2019, 11:38:47 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 21, 2019, 11:32:06 AM

Are you sure? After all, Alberta bankrolls the rest of the country.

yeah, so they like to tell themselves.  :lol:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on October 21, 2019, 12:02:47 PM
Why is Alberta not Western Canada? :unsure:

BC is the western most province.  Under our constitution (for the purposes of Senate seats and SCC appointments) Western Canada is every province west of the Ontario border.

If I may ask, why did you think Alberta was synonymous with Western Canada?

crazy canuck

Another term often used is Prairie Provinces.  That gets more to what they might be thinking about but that usually includes Manitoba.  So really when you hear about Western separatists, that normally is something coming out of Alberta dressed up in the conceit of speaking for the "West"

Habbaku

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 21, 2019, 12:12:43 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 21, 2019, 12:02:47 PM
Why is Alberta not Western Canada? :unsure:

BC is the western most province.  Under our constitution (for the purposes of Senate seats and SCC appointments) Western Canada is every province west of the Ontario border.

If I may ask, why did you think Alberta was synonymous with Western Canada?

Alberta, to this American, is very much part of "Western Canada". At first, you guys seemed to be saying that Alberta, for some reason, is not part of "Western Canada" which strikes me as absurd. If you're instead saying that Alberta isn't the only thing in Western Canada, that makes much more sense.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 21, 2019, 11:38:28 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 21, 2019, 11:32:46 AM

All true. -_-

The only thing that is worse than a person who thinks Toronto is the center of the universe is an Albertan who thinks that province is synonymous with Western Canada.
Well, when we think of the Western provinces, it's usually the AL-SA-MA provinces.  BC is Pacific, not just West. :)

But I'd like to see Alberta secede.  I just don't understand how they will export their oil as an independant country if BC and Quebec don't want a pipeline?  They will build it through the US and export from Seattle?  Manitoba will build facilities in Churchill and export Alberta's oil from there?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Hopefully, it's a troll... but with vegans, you never know...

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on October 21, 2019, 12:21:03 PM
Alberta isn't the only thing in Western Canada, that makes much more sense.
that's what he's saying.  He considers BC part of Western Canada.