News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Esp. since this was originally a caricature aimed at Republicans during the Kavanaugh hearings IIRC.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on October 16, 2019, 01:19:19 AM
the no small beer thing is allright if all bars have the big ones, you know...
As for the worshipping part, well, he kinda lost me there :P

Everyone menions the "no lawyers" part. They tend to forget about the "no money" part.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

frunk

House is every 2 years, Senate is every 6 years (not all on the same cycle).

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 17, 2019, 01:29:29 AM
Every two years.
isn't that too short a term?  What can they trully accomplish in 2 years when they spend 8-12 months on their re-election campaign?

Ah well.  No system is perfect.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

dps

Congressmen spend all 24 months of their term running for re-election.  Senators serve 6-year terms, and therefore spend 72 months running for re-election.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

I feel like we've seen that one before.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on October 20, 2019, 07:06:58 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 20, 2019, 04:35:15 PM

Republicans can't "meme."
Deosn't stop them from using them as their preferred mode of communication and debate.
PDH!

Valmy

I still don't understand why Ice Cube is there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 21, 2019, 10:53:51 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 20, 2019, 07:06:58 PM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 20, 2019, 04:35:15 PM

Republicans can't "meme."
Deosn't stop them from using them as their preferred mode of communication and debate.

You are very kind to imply they are capable of more but for strategic reasons declined that option.