And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 20, 2019, 08:58:57 AM
Quote from: The Larch on August 20, 2019, 07:35:15 AM
We'd lose a priceless connection to the ugly underbelly of American domestic reactionary extremism, though.

Easy to replace.  Step one tune into Fox.  And there you are.

Fortunately for me, I don't have Fox at my tv.  :lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on August 20, 2019, 01:38:13 PM
Raz, don't fight stupid with stupid.

It's snarky way of saying that most Americans are descended from people who came here during the era of Open Borders.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

wait, the nfl is on his side? Kapernick is still not playing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Loving one's guns has gotta be very uncomfortable if they have iron sights.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Larch on August 20, 2019, 02:30:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 20, 2019, 08:58:57 AM
Quote from: The Larch on August 20, 2019, 07:35:15 AM
We'd lose a priceless connection to the ugly underbelly of American domestic reactionary extremism, though.

Easy to replace.  Step one tune into Fox.  And there you are.

Fortunately for me, I don't have Fox at my tv.  :lol:

Then we will keep this thread for you  :)

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on August 20, 2019, 03:01:09 PM
Loving one's guns has gotta be very uncomfortable if they have iron sights.
Iron sights or not, it's very important to pull out in time.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

I did NOT know the USA was under Sharia law!  :huh:

Valmy

Pretty sure that is unconstitutional and North Carolina did not such thing. Doing something that would otherwise be legal is now illegal if you do it because of your religion?

I thought they wanted more God in society.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on August 21, 2019, 11:57:50 AM
Pretty sure that is unconstitutional and North Carolina did not such thing. Doing something that would otherwise be legal is now illegal if you do it because of your religion is now illegal?

Separation of religion and state? :P ;)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 21, 2019, 11:47:25 AM
I did NOT know the USA was under Sharia law!  :huh:

As far as I know you can follow whatever creed you want so long as it does not conflict with American law. But it seems if you donate 2.5% of your income to charity the North Carolina Cops are going to arrest you. NO ZAKAT HERE SIR!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on August 21, 2019, 11:58:28 AM
Pretty sure that is unconstitutional and North Carolina did not such thing. Doing something that would otherwise be legal is now illegal if you do it because of your religion is now illegal?

Separation of religion and state? :P ;)

IT MEANS FREEDOM OF RELIGION NOT FREEDOM FROM RELIGION!!!111

Except when it does.

garbon

I can't remember what it is but that map looks like it is from someone I used to use a couple decades ago.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Pretty sure that is unconstitutional and North Carolina did not such thing. Doing something that would otherwise be legal is now illegal if you do it because of your religion?

I thought they wanted more God in society.

Eh, not even sure what they mean. Certainly, the attempt to *enforce* sharia law would be illegal.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?