And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

I thought if you started talking about how shitty the country was you were an anti-American who needed to leave the country?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2019, 08:17:14 AM
I thought if you started talking about how shitty the country was you were an anti-American who needed to leave the country?

Poor Valmy's continued quest to find logic in what are the chaotic lash-outs of frustrated petty people.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 22, 2019, 03:56:27 PM

Can you explain that a little further?

Republican revolt under President George W. Bush when he tried to address the issue of immigration.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2019, 08:58:44 AM

Republican revolt under President George W. Bush when he tried to address the issue of immigration.

He wanted to do amnesty for illegals and got pushback on it.  That's not quite the same as opposing all immigration.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2019, 09:02:25 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 23, 2019, 08:58:44 AM

He wanted to do amnesty for illegals and got pushback on it.  That's not quite the same as opposing all immigration.

Uh,huh.  So is it your opinion that Republican opposition to legal immigration started within the last 12 months?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

No.  It's always been there on the fringes. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2019, 11:24:45 AM
No.  It's always been there on the fringes.

Not so much a fringe element now is it.

derspiess

How prevalent is it now?  Honest question as I haven't seen any polling data recently.

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2019, 11:54:46 AM
How prevalent is it now?  Honest question as I haven't seen any polling data recently.

:huh:

You have a whole stadium of people at a rally "Send her back".   

Or are you expecting people to answer "yes, I am a racist" when a polling company company asks them the question?

derspiess

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 23, 2019, 02:52:08 PM

Or are you expecting people to answer "yes, I am a racist" when a polling company company asks them the question?

The question would probably be something like "do you think immigration is a good thing for the United States?"
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 23, 2019, 03:07:09 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 23, 2019, 02:52:08 PM

The question would probably be something like "do you think immigration is a good thing for the United States?"

Not sure why the data is required to show where Trump has moved the party. If the result showed the a majority of republicans favoured immigration you would want to take a good look at the methodology.

Zoupa

Quote from: derspiess on July 23, 2019, 03:04:14 PM
Never mind.

Dude, it's unequivocal that Trump is a racist. His approval number is around 40%.

So there you have it.

Razgovory

One of the Fox News chatter heads put up an graphic that showed the pictures of the "Conservative voices being silenced".  One of them was Paul Nehlen, an out and out Nazi.  I don't mean a Nazi as in grammar Nazi, or Soup Nazi, or just an extreme conservative, I mean a "gas all the Jews Nazi".