Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I don't think the war brides are the ones publishing these things.   :hmm:

Oexmelin

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2019, 05:51:37 PM
Also why is Sam Elliot there? WTF does that have to do with anything? This is not the first time Syt's relatives have used nonsensical and sometimes blatantly wrongly used cultural references. I know most memes are cringingly unfunny and stupid but they usually at least attempt to be clever.

Because he's the sort of fictional figure with which white supremacists identify: rugged, gruff, associated with country, western, military, etc.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Eddie Teach

Now, now. Playing "I know you are but what am I?" doesn't make somebody a white supremacist.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on July 22, 2019, 04:12:54 AM
What?

Are you telling me you never stumble and fall across Muslims who are praying in the middle of the street? :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on July 22, 2019, 04:29:44 AM
Quote from: Liep on July 22, 2019, 04:12:54 AM
What?

Are you telling me you never stumble and fall across Muslims who are praying in the middle of the street? :P

:secret:

Try rue Myrrha in Paris. Not far from the Sacré Cœur.  :P
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/world/europe/paris-begins-enforcing-ban-on-street-prayer.html
Ban is selectively enforced, we shall say.

OTOH, sorry for Putin fan boys, but street prayer/namaz happens in Moscow too near the Mosque by Prospekt Mira station (Peace Avenue seems really fitting for the religion of peace).  :D

Valmy

We are supposed to silence our church bells and cover crosses so Muslims do not get offended?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

I doubt Sam Elliot is a big Donald Trump fan.

I do like the last one (above) - finally gets to what all this immigrant demonization is really about - electoral politics.

Pro tip: if you want to get more votes out of a demo, try to refrain from calling their men "rapists"
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 22, 2019, 09:41:49 AM

Maybe not, but he plays pretty much precisely that role in the cringy Netflix sitcom with Ashton Kutcher.  Even without that, I can kind of see why they use him for those memes.  A gruff, old, mustachioed no-BS persona is the perfect delivery vehicle.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Plus he's the voice of Pickup trucks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 22, 2019, 09:41:49 AM

I do like the last one (above) - finally gets to what all this immigrant demonization is really about - electoral politics.

Pro tip: if you want to get more votes out of a demo, try to refrain from calling their men "rapists"

Something I noticed is that the Right has shifted from illegal immigrants, to just immigrants.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould