News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Is your sister a bit older than you Syt?  :hmm:

Her overall style of memes is what my parents' generation inflicts on everyone on Facebook.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on July 21, 2019, 11:13:36 AM
Is your sister a bit older than you Syt?  :hmm:

Her overall style of memes is what my parents' generation inflicts on everyone on Facebook.

Apparently Facebook is in general an old people's home. Young folks don't care for it.

Syt

They were born in the early 60s. Their posts line up pretty well with some Facebook parody groups about boomers. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on July 20, 2019, 04:16:52 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 20, 2019, 03:17:47 PM
Quote from: Tamas on July 20, 2019, 03:01:35 PM
Usually these views and literacy don't go hand in hand. Derspiess is a rare exception.

That Missouri senator speech about evil Soros globalists was quite well written. :)

Yes. He's Stanford/Yale, vetted/housetrained by the Federalist Society. I am sure he'll go far.

Well, the vetted candidate we had previously turned out be a Psychopath.  Blackmailed his mistress, threatened other legislators with guns, stole from his own charity, repelled from the ceiling in a rodeo, you know, standard stuff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2019, 12:28:16 PM

Well, the vetted candidate we had previously turned out be a Psychopath.  Blackmailed his mistress, threatened other legislators with guns, stole from his own charity, repelled from the ceiling in a rodeo, you know, standard stuff.

The underlined part ... must know more.   :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on July 21, 2019, 01:11:26 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2019, 12:28:16 PM

The underlined part ... must know more.   :lol:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article172655221.html/video-embed

After he resigned from office he rejoined the navy.  He can't get combat deployment because, well, he's a Psychopath and the military frowns on that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Legbiter

Quote from: Syt on July 21, 2019, 11:48:45 AM
They were born in the early 60s. Their posts line up pretty well with some Facebook parody groups about boomers. :P

Yes exactly, you're right they're cringey boomermemes. The ones I see in Icelandic even have the same eyesight-friendly fonts, essay-length texts and other too on the nose boomerisms.  :lol:  :glare:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on July 21, 2019, 07:56:50 AM

The normal types of controversies that most normal administrations have? Though I guess I am not entirely familiar with what many of those refer to because I suspect they are products of propaganda.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

I guess cash to Iran refers to the part of the treaty (or was it a memorandum of understanding) whereby the US unfroze a couple billion in Iranian cash.  Spygate I guess is talking about that Rooskie hottie who got busted.  Did that one make the Obama administration look bad in any way?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2019, 04:07:39 PM
I guess cash to Iran refers to the part of the treaty (or was it a memorandum of understanding) whereby the US unfroze a couple billion in Iranian cash.  Spygate I guess is talking about that Rooskie hottie who got busted.  Did that one make the Obama administration look bad in any way?

No, it refers to the belief that Obama was spying on Donald Trump.

Admiral Yi

If you're that sure I guess it's all settled.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2019, 04:46:20 PM
If you're that sure I guess it's all settled.
The "Spygate" I know about was the deal with the NE Patriots.  I suppose some republican loons believe Trump's allegations of Obama Admin spying, and call that "Spygate" as well.

Wasn't there another "Spygate" when a Cheney staffer outed a CIA agent and went to jail for it?  That's probably not what the loony Right is referring to, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Also why is Sam Elliot there? WTF does that have to do with anything? This is not the first time Syt's relatives have used nonsensical and sometimes blatantly wrongly used cultural references. I know most memes are cringingly unfunny and stupid but they usually at least attempt to be clever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."