News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: viper37 on May 29, 2019, 03:34:28 PM
These laws have been widely described as akin to Handmaid's Tale's universe.  But I am not following that show, nor have I read the book, so I do not know.

Well, let me tell you-- Trump's America is *exactly* like the Handmaid's Tale universe.  According to various FB posts I've seen, anyway.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Oexmelin

Not quite.

I guess you still have some work to do. :(
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

In my expeirence, Free Masons, Illuminatis, and other conspiracies are equally part of the fringe left and the fringe right, nationalists or anti-nationalists.

But whatever that might be the case in Europe, it has nothing to do with the drawing I posted, and I have seen no indication the author is a nationalist.  He draws funny pictures about current news event.

Given that this symbol appears in Handmaid's Tale, I now see the relevance of having it on the Alabama's cave man arm.  These laws have been widely described as akin to Handmaid's Tale's universe.  But I am not following that show, nor have I read the book, so I do not know.

I'm going to guess you are in agreement in that your previous statement made absolutely no sense.  Please refrain from nonsensical statements in the future.

Uh, you're a Quebecois Nationalist.  The Parti Quebecois is a Nationalist party.  A more left wing nationalist, but a nationalist party.  The Cartoonist appears to be a supporter of that nationalist party.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on May 29, 2019, 04:17:55 PM

In my expeirence, Free Masons, Illuminatis, and other conspiracies are equally part of the fringe left and the fringe right, nationalists or anti-nationalists.

But whatever that might be the case in Europe, it has nothing to do with the drawing I posted, and I have seen no indication the author is a nationalist.  He draws funny pictures about current news event.

Given that this symbol appears in Handmaid's Tale, I now see the relevance of having it on the Alabama's cave man arm.  These laws have been widely described as akin to Handmaid's Tale's universe.  But I am not following that show, nor have I read the book, so I do not know.

I'm going to guess you are in agreement in that your previous statement made absolutely no sense.  Please refrain from nonsensical statements in the future.

Uh, you're a Quebecois Nationalist.  The Parti Quebecois is a Nationalist party.  A more left wing nationalist, but a nationalist party.  The Cartoonist appears to be a supporter of that nationalist party.
Really?  How do you get that last part? :)
And why is the Parti Québécois a thing in this? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2019, 03:54:14 PM
These laws have been widely described as akin to Handmaid's Tale's universe.  But I am not following that show, nor have I read the book, so I do not know.

Well, let me tell you-- Trump's America is *exactly* like the Handmaid's Tale universe.  According to various FB posts I've seen, anyway.
I do not believe that.  You need President Pence for that to happen. ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on May 30, 2019, 11:59:40 PM

Really?  How do you get that last part? :)
And why is the Parti Québécois a thing in this? :)

Cause I looked at his cartoons.  You did post a link to them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2019, 04:04:08 AM

yes, but what makes you think he support the PQ or that he is a strong nationalist, in the negative aspect you confer to the word, like most anglo-saxons?  Specifically, how many of his drawings (around 200 per year) are pro-PQ, or nationist in that negative sense you confer?  And what more, what has it to do with that supposed conspiracy theory that he delibaretly applied a Free Mason symbol on the arm of his Alabama cave man to awoke the anti Free Mason conspiracies in his generally nationalist audience?

viper37

I don't agree with anything.  I posted an editorial cartoon, you implied there was a conspiracy theory hidden in it to awoke some kind of bad feeling in a population that would instantly recognize it.  I call this pure bullshit and imply you know not of what you speak.  Oex gave you details of the signification of the symbol, you rejected it and still believe the Quebecers looking at this drawing would instantly recognize a Free Masons symbol, part of some imaginary conspiracy living in the minds of all nationalists across the world.

I again call this bullshit and ask for proof, which you never supply.  But I'm the none making nonsensical statements?  Gee, you're a hard one to follow.   :wacko:

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on May 31, 2019, 09:27:56 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 31, 2019, 04:04:08 AM

yes, but what makes you think he support the PQ or that he is a strong nationalist, in the negative aspect you confer to the word, like most anglo-saxons?  Specifically, how many of his drawings (around 200 per year) are pro-PQ, or nationist in that negative sense you confer?  And what more, what has it to do with that supposed conspiracy theory that he delibaretly applied a Free Mason symbol on the arm of his Alabama cave man to awoke the anti Free Mason conspiracies in his generally nationalist audience?

See, this is my fault.  When I asked you not to make nonsensical statements I left the door wide open for asking nonsensical questions.

Tamas

Guys this got boring 3 pages ago. Just stop.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on May 31, 2019, 10:48:14 AM
Guys this got boring 3 pages ago. Just stop.

I was done after he called me an "Anglo-Saxon".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2019, 01:03:54 PM
That's a compliment.

Merely descriptive and only for someone who traces their lineage to an island off the coast of Europe.

The Brain

I cannot choose between Horsa and Hengist. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 31, 2019, 03:10:30 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 31, 2019, 01:03:54 PM
That's a compliment.

Merely descriptive and only for someone who traces their lineage to an island off the coast of Europe.

It beats being a kraut.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?