News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 24, 2019, 01:12:21 AM
Do Quebecois have a hangup about Masons?

Not really. Like viper, I have no real ideas why Ygrec chose to draw that on the Republican shoulders.

Are Masons Republicans usually?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Outside of conspiracy theorists, no, not that I'm aware of.

I didn't event noticed the symbol until Raz mentionned it.  Just the idea of cave man made me laugh :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Nationalists often do.  It's a common feature among the extreme right in Europe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on May 24, 2019, 12:51:41 PM

Nationalists often do.  It's a common feature among the extreme right in Europe.
You know nothing Raz Govory. :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2019, 01:34:22 PM

Does this statement have a point?  And yeah, I looked at who that guy was after you posted the cartoon.  Apparently he's gotten trouble for racist cartoons.  The symbol was a big red flag that he might be a paranoid nationalist.  I haven't seen anything that dissuade me from that view and looking at his cartoons reinforces it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Zoupa

You're reading way too much into it.

Admiral Yi

Oexmelin

It's the all-seeing eye. It was used as a symbol of god long before the masons used it. It's prominently used on American money. It's referenced in handsmaid's tale. These would seem to make more sense than some weird conspiracy theory about masons that has no relation to context, and no echo in the population that would read these. Unless one wants to have a weird conspiracy theory about weird conspiracy theorists.
Que le grand cric me croque !

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 25, 2019, 01:19:15 AM
What's the right read?

The all-seeing eye of god is a pretty common concept in Christianity.  The dots above the eye look to me to make it look much more like the masonic eye (peering from beneath a cloud) than the Christian one (enclosed in a triangle), though.  On balance, I'd say this was most likely a dig on Freemasonry.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've seen it used by Ben Garrison to represent the Federal Reserve.  Of course Ben Garrison is a paranoid nationalist and all around scumbag.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on May 24, 2019, 02:21:53 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2019, 01:34:22 PM

Does this statement have a point?  And yeah, I looked at who that guy was after you posted the cartoon.  Apparently he's gotten trouble for racist cartoons.  The symbol was a big red flag that he might be a paranoid nationalist.  I haven't seen anything that dissuade me from that view and looking at his cartoons reinforces it.
Like I said, you know not of what you speak. :)

Razgovory

Yeah, you didn't exactly tell me what you meant by that.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on May 25, 2019, 09:45:42 PM
Accusation of racism are pretty common from the left side of the political spectrum.  All you need to do, really, is displease them in the slightest manner.  I'm not too surprised a cartoonist or another is accused of racism.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on May 28, 2019, 08:57:59 PM
Accusation of racism are pretty common from the left side of the political spectrum.  All you need to do, really, is displease them in the slightest manner.  I'm not too surprised a cartoonist or another is accused of racism.

That's a non sequitur.  When I was talking about Masons I said "Nationalists often do.  It's a common feature among the extreme right in Europe."  And you responded with "You know nothing Raz Govory."  Which is to mean: "Accusation of racism are pretty common from the left side of the political spectrum.  All you need to do, really, is displease them in the slightest manner.  I'm not too surprised a cartoonist or another is accused of racism."

How does that make any goddamn sense?  Nobody had brought up race at that point.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on May 28, 2019, 10:37:07 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 28, 2019, 08:57:59 PM

That's a non sequitur.  When I was talking about Masons I said "Nationalists often do.  It's a common feature among the extreme right in Europe."  And you responded with "You know nothing Raz Govory."  Which is to mean: "Accusation of racism are pretty common from the left side of the political spectrum.  All you need to do, really, is displease them in the slightest manner.  I'm not too surprised a cartoonist or another is accused of racism."

How does that make any goddamn sense?  Nobody had brought up race at that point.
In my expeirence, Free Masons, Illuminatis, and other conspiracies are equally part of the fringe left and the fringe right, nationalists or anti-nationalists.

But whatever that might be the case in Europe, it has nothing to do with the drawing I posted, and I have seen no indication the author is a nationalist.  He draws funny pictures about current news event.

Given that this symbol appears in Handmaid's Tale, I now see the relevance of having it on the Alabama's cave man arm.  These laws have been widely described as akin to Handmaid's Tale's universe.  But I am not following that show, nor have I read the book, so I do not know.