Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2019, 10:25:56 AM
Millennials are 22-37 years old. 

Ah.

Well then they would make up the bulk of the bar attenders.

Remember when Languish was made up of 22-37 year olds? Ah those were the days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2019, 10:28:37 AM

Ah.

Well then they would make up the bulk of the bar attenders.

Remember when Languish was made up of 22-37 year olds? Ah those were the days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3KEhWTnWvE

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2019, 04:12:56 AMNow, see, this is what I mean: it's not like I wouldn't prefer her 100000000000000000000000000x times more to Trump, but she is matching with the same insticts/reflexes as Trump, except from the left. Even the Facebook stuff are mirror images. She is having a fanatic following building around her, and she hasn't done anything else but being an outsider and offering easy radical solutions to her side's real and perceived problems.

Yeah it's beautiful to watch. The more she's attacked, the more free publicity she gets. She's a very stable genius at sucking in all of the attention in the room and focusing it on her.  :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on April 04, 2019, 10:47:24 AM
Yeah it's beautiful to watch. The more she's attacked, the more free publicity she gets. She's a very stable genius at sucking in all of the attention in the room and focusing it on her.  :showoff:

I cannot even being to tell you how frustrating it is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

I keep telling people on the right not to take the bait.  Nobody listens to me :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2019, 11:05:42 AM

Leslie Moonves on Donald Trump during the campaign: "It May Not Be Good for America, but It's Damn Good for CBS".

The news isn't really the news anymore...it is about perpetuating the outrage cycle and getting eyeballs to watch their right vs. left tribal showdown.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on April 04, 2019, 10:10:18 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2019, 10:07:59 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 04, 2019, 09:08:59 AM
For my 2 c tending bar in Union Square is more impressive then being a Senate intern.

More importantly, it plays really well with millennials.

It plays well with 30 and 40 year olds? Nice they still manage to get out at that age.

:lol:

The early 20 somethings in my office constantly make the point that they are not. I realized someone has determined that they are, but they want to put some distance between themselves and what they view as the true millennials.

Barrister

The term "millenials" always slightly irked me, as it seemed they were referring to the wrong generation.  Millenials should be those born in the new millenium - so they're just starting to become adults now.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 04, 2019, 12:43:06 PM
The early 20 somethings in my office constantly make the point that they are not. I realized someone has determined that they are, but they want to put some distance between themselves and what they view as the true millennials.

Don't blame them one bit.  Generation Z hopefully will be a correction against the millennials, as Gen X was against the Boomers.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Oexmelin

Have you even listened to her, or watch her in hearings?
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on April 04, 2019, 01:21:42 PM

Have you even listened to her, or watch her in hearings?

She seemed capable enough in the hearings and had more decorum than Louis Gohmert.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2019, 02:12:56 PM
She seemed capable enough in the hearings and had more decorum than Louis Gohmert.

Yeah but Louis Gohmert might be the stupidest man in Texas.

Eddie Teach

Sounds like half of C-Span's viewership is in this thread.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?