News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Wait, they are on active service, they haven't been demobilized (that was where they were heading) and they complain that they have to a) wait and b) not be allowed to wander about?

I would think that as far as the Army is concerned they are in transit and they better well stay put.

Security risk?  Well, they are from Mississippi so that is a legitimate concern imho.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Yeah my thought was maybe it was some sort of Army thing where they had to be debriefed before allowed to mingle with the civilians or something rather than something the airport was worried about. But I have no idea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 25, 2019, 03:04:42 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 25, 2019, 12:46:53 PM
I am not from San Antonio! I am from Austin! :P

What's the difference?

San Antonio has an NBA team and Austin its Development League affiliate.  :P

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Climate Change = a taxing opportunity - I think Berkut  is right about the Great Filter idea.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Tamas

Now, see, this is what I mean: it's not like I wouldn't prefer her 100000000000000000000000000x times more to Trump, but she is matching with the same insticts/reflexes as Trump, except from the left. Even the Facebook stuff are mirror images. She is having a fanatic following building around her, and she hasn't done anything else but being an outsider and offering easy radical solutions to her side's real and perceived problems.

viper37

I'm torn.

One the one hand, Democrats finally go on the offensive, on the same field as the Republicans.

On the other hand, I really don't like the fanatism from the left, it does not bode well for the future of the US.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Minsky Moment

Saying she went to college and interned for a Senator is not a great rejoinder to a dig on her experience. For my 2 c tending bar in Union Square is more impressive then being a Senate intern.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on April 04, 2019, 08:42:21 AM
On the other hand, I really don't like the fanatism from the left, it does not bode well for the future of the US.

No. No it does not.

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 04, 2019, 09:08:59 AM
For my 2 c tending bar in Union Square is more impressive then being a Senate intern.

More importantly, it plays really well with millennials.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2019, 10:07:59 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 04, 2019, 09:08:59 AM
For my 2 c tending bar in Union Square is more impressive then being a Senate intern.

More importantly, it plays really well with millennials.

It plays well with 30 and 40 year olds? Nice they still manage to get out at that age.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

To add, I know a couple 20-something bartenders that are in love with AOC because they feel like they have so much in common with her.  Had to finally mute/unfollow them because they were killing my FB/Twitter feed.