News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on March 11, 2019, 01:29:47 PM
So only paintings?

I guess he kinda looks normal in this one? I had forgotten he didn't always have his beautiful :P golden hair.

—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Those were the days. I miss the days when I could think Donald was a disgusting jerk who embodied so much of the regrettable qualities in my country without that being a partisan political stance.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: Maximus on March 10, 2019, 05:06:49 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on March 10, 2019, 02:13:53 AM
No, just hot. Women in powerful positions really freaks some of you guys out doesn't it.
Honestly, derspeiss aside I think it's more that she's challenging the established order. They treat Sanders much the same way.

I most definitely do not find Bernie hot.

Valmy

I don't think being a Freshman Congresswoman is a particularly powerful position.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 11, 2019, 10:59:43 PM
A whole lot more than you or me.

True. Anyway the only thing about her that concerns me really is how she is being used as a weapon to terrify voters into voting Republican.

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2019, 11:02:09 PM

True. Anyway the only thing about her that concerns me really is how she is being used as a weapon to terrify voters into voting Republican.
Somehow I think another minority and/or woman would come along to fill that role if AOC weren't around.  If people are still capable of being terrified into voting for GOP in 2020, then frankly they were a lost cause to begin with.  They're probably not really terrified, but rather looking for an excuse that they will always find.

The Larch

Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2019, 11:33:28 PM

Somehow I think another minority and/or woman would come along to fill that role if AOC weren't around.  If people are still capable of being terrified into voting for GOP in 2020, then frankly they were a lost cause to begin with.  They're probably not really terrified, but rather looking for an excuse that they will always find.

In fact isn't the congresswoman of Somali origin already being set up as the strawcongresswoman to terrify Republican voters? I guess she checks more or less the same boxes as AOC, plus muslim, so that's like a bigot's jackpot or something.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on March 12, 2019, 04:17:07 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 11, 2019, 11:33:28 PM

In fact isn't the congresswoman of Somali origin already being set up as the strawcongresswoman to terrify Republican voters? I guess she checks more or less the same boxes as AOC, plus muslim, so that's like a bigot's jackpot or something.

Also she can't being able to resist voicing the backward anti-semitic stuff I suspect he brings from her parents' household and upbringing doesn't help.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2019, 10:54:44 PM
I don't think being a Freshman Congresswoman is a particularly powerful position.

That is the point.  She has accomplished a lot despite her newly elected status.