And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2019, 09:26:20 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 09, 2019, 09:25:30 PM
It's funny how her photos always have her looking like a shrill wack-a-doodle.

That is how right wing propaganda typically works. They do the same thing with Pelosi and Hillary.

Yup
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Zoupa

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HVC

Hot but in a you better not date her if you own pets kind of way
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zoupa

No, just hot. Women in powerful positions really freaks some of you guys out doesn't it.

Admiral Yi

That is how right wing propaganda typically works. They do the same thing with Pelosi and Hillary.

Everyone does it.  It's not a right/left thing.

Maximus

Quote from: Zoupa on March 10, 2019, 02:13:53 AM
No, just hot. Women in powerful positions really freaks some of you guys out doesn't it.
Honestly, derspeiss aside I think it's more that she's challenging the established order. They treat Sanders much the same way.

HVC

No she's hot, but the photos used make her look crazy
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Zoupa

Quote from: HVC on March 10, 2019, 06:46:39 AM

No she's hot, but the photos used make her look crazy

Ah ok. Didn't see the previous posts my bad.

Eddie Teach

She's attractive, in spite of the weird pyramid shaped nose.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Oexmelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 10, 2019, 03:49:18 AM

Everyone does it.  It's not a right/left thing.

Yes, plenty of websites use the least flattering pictures of Trump possible.

Though I would argue there is a qualitative difference when it is being done to those in power, vs to those who are not.
Que le grand cric me croque !

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Maximus on March 10, 2019, 05:06:49 AM
Honestly, derspeiss aside I think it's more that she's challenging the established order. They treat Sanders much the same way.

I think she is great.   It is very impressive that in her first few weeks in office she has moved the climate and taxation debate to the extent that she has become a fixation for the right, a constant reference in the Economist and even effective at shaping the issues being taken up with the democratic presidential hopefuls. She knows how do politics in an age of social media.

Besides, American social policy is horribly broken.  How many Americans can continue to defend a system that spends the most for mediocre at best results continues to be mystifying.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2019, 10:20:29 AM
Besides, American social policy is horribly broken.  How many Americans can continue to defend a system that spends the most for mediocre at best results continues to be mystifying.

Fear mostly. Ideology. An ignorant belief that our system is the best in the world.

Edit: Well actually I think most people do want to reform the system they just have opposite views on what should be done.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2019, 10:21:27 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 11, 2019, 10:20:29 AM

Fear mostly. Ideology. An ignorant belief that our system is the best in the world.

Edit: Well actually I think most people do want to reform the system they just have opposite views on what should be done.

The bold part has a lot to do with it, I think.  American politicians, of any stripe, are continually appealing to American exceptionalism.  Americans tell themselves they are the most free, the most democratic, the best of... well everything.  It is hard to think your country needs to improve certain aspects when you are continually bombarded with a message that you live in the best place in the world.