News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 07, 2019, 05:56:29 PM
Definitely. That is why he's afraid of Bernie.

I am not afraid of him at all. I just think his policies are bad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Where's that famous Canadian courtesy?  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Syt on March 09, 2019, 05:25:48 AM

I don't think I would call Patrick Moore "Greenpeace" these days: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_(environmentalist)

Quotein September 2014, Moore was asked about the safety of the herbicide glyphosate. Moore told Paul Moreira that one "could drink a whole quart of it" without any harm. When Moore was challenged to drink a glass of the weedkiller, he refused, saying "I'm not an idiot" and "I'm not stupid" before ending the interview
:lol:

Syt

He also doesn't believe in man-made climate change.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on March 09, 2019, 05:25:48 AM

I don't think I would call Patrick Moore "Greenpeace" these days: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_(environmentalist)

Yes, she's an idiot. If Pelosi doesn't get her folks under control, it will be an easy election day in 2020 for Trump.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on March 09, 2019, 04:04:37 PM
Yes, she's an idiot. If Pelosi doesn't get her folks under control, it will be an easy election day in 2020 for Trump.

Look she is a loose cannon. She was elected to be a radical. She is not going to listen to Pelosi.

But last I checked people love radical nutcases so I am not sure why you are concluding this means a slam dunk for Trump. Hell the more idiotic and stupid she is the more popular she will become.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

I also am a little skeptical changing our source of energy means we have to cut down every tree. It seems technology has never changed before in all of human history to listen to these people talk. But it sort of seems like we have some kind of strawman where fossil fuels are outlawed tomorrow or some kind of insane bullshit.

Threviel

She may be something of a naive firebrand, or even an idiot. But Trump has proved that complete fuckwits can be elected president, so why not her? If not for president, then as a radical campaigner getting the left wing under control.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Threviel on March 09, 2019, 05:03:01 PM
She may be something of a naive firebrand, or even an idiot. But Trump has proved that complete fuckwits can be elected president, so why not her? If not for president, then as a radical campaigner getting the left wing under control.

The left wing doesn't do under control.  Either they get their way or they act all butthurt and call centrists puppets of Wall Street.

Valmy

She is very popular among the masses on twitter because, much like our current President, her ideas are easy to articulate on that format. I hate twitter so much.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 09, 2019, 08:21:48 AM
He also doesn't believe in man-made climate change.

Yeah he is the guy the right wing trots out all the time and he spews weird things about how scientists are not taking the sun into account for climate change. Which is a very odd thing to say since obviously they do. He clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

He seems to think if he can just destroy all other new energy technologies in the world we will eventually all use nukes. Which is a highly dubious proposition. I mean would love more nukes but that will never happen. After Fukushima it is over. He is jousting at windmills (literally....)

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2019, 05:06:34 PM

The left wing doesn't do under control.  Either they get their way or they act all butthurt and call centrists puppets of Wall Street.

Yup
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

It's funny how her photos always have her looking like a shrill wack-a-doodle.

Valmy

Quote from: 11B4V on March 09, 2019, 09:25:30 PM
It's funny how her photos always have her looking like a shrill wack-a-doodle.

That is how right wing propaganda typically works. They do the same thing with Pelosi and Hillary.