News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2019, 09:09:20 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2019, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2019, 01:00:39 PM
Exactly. I have my own opinions on Cov Cath HS, but these kids didn't really do anything wrong. If anything I think Mr. Phillips owes these kids an apology for misreading the situation and trying to intimidate them.
:lmfao:

Go on.
An apology to the kids? give me a fucking break.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Please tell me the school and parents are smart enough to decline...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Don't forget to buy Filet-O-Fish Mr. President (you pay!).

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on January 22, 2019, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2019, 09:09:20 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2019, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2019, 01:00:39 PM
Exactly. I have my own opinions on Cov Cath HS, but these kids didn't really do anything wrong. If anything I think Mr. Phillips owes these kids an apology for misreading the situation and trying to intimidate them.
:lmfao:

Go on.
An apology to the kids? give me a fucking break.

A grown man walking up and beating a drum inches away from some 16/17 year old's face, then lying multiple times to try to make it sound like the kids were harassing him?

Yeah, I think an apology would be appropriate.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zoupa

Don't get your panties in a bunch now. Just go have a craft beer and think about the wall.  :console:

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on January 22, 2019, 12:51:11 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2019, 12:42:45 PM
Quote from: frunk on January 22, 2019, 12:38:18 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2019, 12:28:16 PM

They have certainly found our weakness. Thank God we didn't have widespread internet use during the Cold War or we would all be in re-education camps right now.

It doesn't look like just our weakness, it appears to be worldwide.

Yeah Zoupa shouldn't get too smug.

:lol:

Can a leopard change its spots?
Is he not French?

Well, Brits and Yanks got Brexit/Trump in part with active measures help from Russia. Putin funneled cash and directed his trolls to help Le Pen and she lost by 40%.

I feel my smugness is perfectly justified :frog:

derspiess

Quote from: Zoupa on January 22, 2019, 04:23:10 PM
Don't get your panties in a bunch now. Just go have a craft beer and think about the wall.  :console:

:hug:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zoupa on January 22, 2019, 04:27:14 PM
Well, Brits and Yanks got Brexit/Trump in part with active measures help from Russia. Putin funneled cash and directed his trolls to help Le Pen and she lost by 40%.

Your smugness in this case looks a lot like tribalism.

You say outrage at people's reactions who happen to be on your side is unacceptable.  But I haven't seen you apply the same principle to outrage over reactions by people who are on the other side.

Valmy

Hey I never said you shouldn't be a justified level of smug :frog:

But I remember a time when Le Pen lost by 60 points -_-

Stay vigilant!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Zoupa

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2019, 04:36:18 PM

Your smugness in this case looks a lot like tribalism.

You say outrage at people's reactions who happen to be on your side is unacceptable.  But I haven't seen you apply the same principle to outrage over reactions by people who are on the other side.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Are we still talking about the douche teenagers with the native drum guy? Tempest in a teapot. The kids acted like assholes and will probably grow up to be useless, otoh native drum guy inserted himself into a situation with a bunch of bored teenagers. Don't go looking for it dude.

Why the hell is this news?

Zoupa

Quote from: Habbaku on January 22, 2019, 04:44:18 PM
Does derspiess support the wall?  :hmm:

Of course not. HE VOTED THIRD PARTY OK!!!!1111

Zoupa

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2019, 04:38:35 PM

Hey I never said you shouldn't be a justified level of smug :frog:

But I remember a time when Le Pen lost by 60 points -_-

Stay vigilant!

Indeed. Still, en ces temps difficiles, il convient d'accorder notre mépris avec parcimonie, tant nombreux sont les nécéssiteux.  ;)