And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on January 22, 2019, 10:36:26 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2019, 04:07:27 PM
I had never heard of Black Israelites either.  I wonder how they get along with Moorish Sovereign Citizens.

I think I might have met some of the guys, or people very similar.  They were like Blacks who had half-converted to Judaism.  They weren't mean or nasty though.

So basically Faux Falashas.  :hmm:

derspiess

I didn't look much at Twitter until Sunday night, which was when the additional videos had been posted.  Seems like most of the outrage posts died down a bit after that point, but a fair number of people were sticking to their guns or even doubling down on their outrage.

My lefty local Facebook friends seemed pretty upset.  At most, they posted contact info for the school and diocese, encouraging people to call and complain. 

Thankfully my friends were more restrained than the SJW shock troops putting in all that time to dox the kids and their families (sometimes entirely the wrong people, but hey I guess that's just unavoidable collateral damage in the Culture War).  Then of course some encouraged violence on the smiling kid and some others.  Icing on the cake for me was the 'weaponized smirking' thing I mentioned earlier.

I've always believed that sometime in the future, people will mature and figure out how to act responsibly with social media.  Hopefully it's a matter of years rather than decades.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Zoupa

You seem outraged by the outrage. Russians win again. It's too easy these days.

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 22, 2019, 12:15:13 PM
Dox?

Finding and releasing personal information, like cell phone numbers, home address, workplace, etc.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on January 22, 2019, 12:13:37 PM

They have certainly found our weakness. Thank God we didn't have widespread internet use during the Cold War or we would all be in re-education camps right now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Ooh-- good one.  Now call me a snowflake! :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2019, 12:28:16 PM

They have certainly found our weakness. Thank God we didn't have widespread internet use during the Cold War or we would all be in re-education camps right now.

WOLVERINES!

frunk

It doesn't look like just our weakness, it appears to be worldwide.

The Brain

Don't you have to be educated to be re-educated?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: frunk on January 22, 2019, 12:38:18 PM

Yeah Zoupa shouldn't get too smug.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 22, 2019, 12:42:45 PM
Quote from: frunk on January 22, 2019, 12:38:18 PM

Yeah Zoupa shouldn't get too smug.

:lol:

Can a leopard change its spots?
Is he not French?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

He's the worst kind of French (or the best). One that doesn't live in France.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

Donald invited the Covington HS kids to the White House.  :lol:

The Russians/Chinese/Norks/Space Aliens really hit it out of the park with this one.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.