News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2019, 01:00:39 PM
Exactly. I have my own opinions on Cov Cath HS, but these kids didn't really do anything wrong. If anything I think Mr. Phillips owes these kids an apology for misreading the situation and trying to intimidate them.
:lmfao:

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

So glad that brand new idea is still being debated.

I don't get how any of those besides "black pride" are really comparable. I mean white people can be from Asia, Muslim, or Mexican. Those aren't skin color things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on January 21, 2019, 09:43:10 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 21, 2019, 01:00:39 PM
Exactly. I have my own opinions on Cov Cath HS, but these kids didn't really do anything wrong. If anything I think Mr. Phillips owes these kids an apology for misreading the situation and trying to intimidate them.
:lmfao:

Go on.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I am glad we finally found a way for Spicey to support Catholics.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

No shit.  I think i've even posted about my disdain for this particular school here in the past.  Cov Cath is like Duke of Catholic high schools-- and you guys are making me defend them! :lol: :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Thanks to this incident and some goofball Gizmodo writer I am now aware that "weaponized smirking" is apparently a thing.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2019, 09:48:34 AM
No shit.  I think i've even posted about my disdain for this particular school here in the past.  Cov Cath is like Duke of Catholic high schools-- and you guys are making me defend them! :lol: :angry:

Hey I couldn't care less about this...um...whatever it is.

derspiess

Quote from: Legbiter on January 22, 2019, 09:56:31 AM
Manufactured culture war clickbait.

Local lefty activists were in a frenzy over this.  And I guess some still are.  They had to cancel classes today at the school due to security concerns.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 22, 2019, 10:19:15 AM
They had to cancel classes today at the school due to security concerns.

:blink:

Oh FFS

I guess they have to wait for 15 minutes for the next dumbass shit to come along.

Habbaku

Trump will steal the spotlight again soon, just wait. MLK Day was a holiday and well--time for more government shutdown articles.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on January 22, 2019, 10:25:39 AM
Trump will steal the spotlight again soon, just wait. MLK Day was a holiday and well--time for more government shutdown articles.

Maybe we should be grateful for the President keeping the outrage cycle occupied with himself.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2019, 04:07:27 PM
I had never heard of Black Israelites either.  I wonder how they get along with Moorish Sovereign Citizens.

I think I might have met some of the guys, or people very similar.  They were like Blacks who had half-converted to Judaism.  They weren't mean or nasty though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017