Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 21, 2019, 02:05:59 PM
Do? They are wearing MAGA Hats.

I understand why the implication might be there, but I would hesitate to say that wearing a MAGA hat automatically makes one a racist.  In particular when you're an idiot teenager.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

Correlation is not causation!

But I suspect there is still a hell of a lot of correlation there...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

A MAGA hat isn't a guarantor of racism, just a strong indicator of likelihood.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

And a very high likelihood that one is a douche.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

You can be a douche but still innocent of starting a race incident.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

I had never heard of Black Israelites either.  I wonder how they get along with Moorish Sovereign Citizens.

The whole thing has a bit of Rashoman to it.  My tentative position is that the MAGA kids started it all by chanting their school chant to drown out whatever the Black Israelite was proclaiming on his bullhorn, the Indians escalated with their in your face drumming, and MAGA kids raised by mocking the Indian chanting.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Admiral Yi

It's like Mardi Gras with no booze and no tits.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 21, 2019, 04:07:27 PM
I had never heard of Black Israelites either.  I wonder how they get along with Moorish Sovereign Citizens.

The whole thing has a bit of Rashoman to it.  My tentative position is that the MAGA kids started it all by chanting their school chant to drown out whatever the Black Israelite was proclaiming on his bullhorn, the Indians escalated with their in your face drumming, and MAGA kids raised by mocking the Indian chanting.

How did the high school kids start it all, when they were being verbally accosted by the BHI'ers in the first place?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBhWUZ2pexw

You pre-empted me Speesh.  I was just going to post this. 

It's all on oooooh, ooooh, me Israelies.

The Brain

Quote from: Habbaku on January 21, 2019, 03:04:16 PM
99%, I'd say. 1% wear them ironically.

Irony is hardly a defense. Why is it ironic with a black fly in the Chardonnay?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.