News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Seen on Twitter:

The wall between the US and Mexico should be built out of Hilary's emails, since apparently, no one can get over that.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Solmyr

Quote from: Oexmelin on December 20, 2018, 10:54:41 AM
Seen on Twitter:

The wall between the US and Mexico should be built out of Hilary's emails, since apparently, no one can get over that.

:lol:

viper37

Quote from: Threviel on December 20, 2018, 10:29:56 AM
During the height of the immigration crisis a few years back we rented out a house. It was a proper, quite big house in the countryside.

We got a few mails from immigrants and they listed their income. It quite disgusted me how much money they got from the state and how much they were able to pay. Several of the families, with typically 3-5 kids, got more money monthly than we earned at the time.

Now, I assume that that money was temporary assistance to be able to set up a home in a new country and so on, but still, it rankled me.
if it's anything like Canada, they need to refund that money after one year.  Well, start to pay back, I mean, not upfront.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

The Brain

Sweden is nothing like Canada. Thank God.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2018, 01:25:11 PM

Couldn't agree more.  So do all the Swedes who immigrated to Canada.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 20, 2018, 02:24:39 PM

They're both great people.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2018, 02:25:12 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 20, 2018, 02:24:39 PM

They're both great people.

:yeahright:

QuoteSwedish immigration to Canada began in the 1870s with the first rural Swedish colony, Scandinavia, near the town of Erickson in Manitoba. Originally named New Sweden, Scandinavia was established by three men who organized dwellings to house the first settlers.

Like their Scandinavian counterparts, Swedish immigrants first arrived and settled in the United States and then travelled north to settle in Canada. A large influx of Swedish immigrants from the states of Minnesota and North Dakota migrated to the Canadian Prairie provinces in the 1920s. At that time, the United States introduced an immigration quota and Canada became the destination of choice for Icelanders, Finns, Norwegians and Danes.

Winnipeg was the "Swedish capital of Canada" until the 1940s, when Vancouver took over the title. Although a considerable number of persons of Swedish origin live in Calgary and Edmonton and their environs, the Toronto area is currently home to the largest concentration of newcomers. Swedish heritage is visible in Canada with more than 175 place names of Swedish origin such as Upsala in Ontario, Stockholm in Saskatchewan, and Thorsby and Malmo in Alberta.

As of 2001, there were more than 282,000 people with Swedish ancestry living in Canada.

https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discover/immigration/history-ethnic-cultural/Pages/swedish.aspx
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on December 20, 2018, 09:57:57 AM
It is a program that came around before Obama (like many decades before Obama) to subsidize phone service for the poor. Not sure why it gets linked to Obama, he had nothing to do with it.

My recollection is that the legislation to use phone taxes to help the poor had existed, but it was Obama who used the legislation to give cell phones out.

jimmy olsen

Sister posted this yesterday  :wacko:

QuoteI get into my car after leaving Julian's. A young guy walks up to my car and knocks on my window. I roll it down a little and he asked me for money.

Him: hi, can I get a few dollars (or something along those lines)
Me: sorry I don't have any cash (I really don't)
Him: what?
Me: sorry I don't have any cash.
Him: whips out a wad of cash and says "whatever, I don't need your money, useless bitch"
Me: okay, BYE! (Rolls up window)
Him: walks away

Wtf is wrong with people ‍♀️
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 20, 2018, 02:31:36 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 20, 2018, 09:57:57 AM
It is a program that came around before Obama (like many decades before Obama) to subsidize phone service for the poor. Not sure why it gets linked to Obama, he had nothing to do with it.

My recollection is that the legislation to use phone taxes to help the poor had existed, but it was Obama who used the legislation to give cell phones out.

Not true, unless he proposed it as a Senator. That happened before he was elected President.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain