News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

The co-opted patriotic Grinch loves Christmas.  More than that, he loves offending people by saying "Merry Christmas" *and* saluting the flag.  Take that, leftist Whos!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 10, 2018, 09:47:28 AM
The co-opted patriotic Grinch loves Christmas.  More than that, he loves offending people by saying "Merry Christmas" *and* saluting the flag.  Take that, leftist Whos!

Does he sneak into our houses at night and put Christmas Tree and American flags inside?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on December 10, 2018, 10:02:09 AM
Only if doing so will offend you.

But what if the leftist Whos, the large and the small, are offended without any Christmas Trees or American Flags at all?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on December 10, 2018, 09:47:28 AM

From "The Grinch Voted for Trump":

The Grinch hated Leftists! So much he condoned treason!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
It could be his head wasn't screwed on just right.
It could be, perhaps, that his shoes were too tight.
But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his heart was two sizes too small.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on December 10, 2018, 09:02:22 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 10, 2018, 08:56:43 AM
Like they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Right about what? Underpaid doctors? Farmers who don't get subsidies? Poor plumbers?

None of those were claims made in the graphic.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2018, 09:06:21 AM
It's a bit fundamentalist, at any rate. "We can do without entertainment."

I think they tried that in Afghanistan. :hmm:

:secret:

Decapitations and lapidation.  :osama:
Bonus : edification of the masses

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I've seen this "$3900 for muslim immigrants" floating around a fair bit recently. Best I can tell it might originate from a misrepresented Canada story from 2013 or so?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/monthly-refugee-benefits/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on December 12, 2018, 04:47:48 AM
Obama cell?

It is a program that came around before Obama (like many decades before Obama) to subsidize phone service for the poor. Not sure why it gets linked to Obama, he had nothing to do with it.

Threviel

During the height of the immigration crisis a few years back we rented out a house. It was a proper, quite big house in the countryside.

We got a few mails from immigrants and they listed their income. It quite disgusted me how much money they got from the state and how much they were able to pay. Several of the families, with typically 3-5 kids, got more money monthly than we earned at the time.

Now, I assume that that money was temporary assistance to be able to set up a home in a new country and so on, but still, it rankled me.