News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 20, 2018, 11:56:45 AM
Speaking more about politicians and people who get paid to get them elected.

You know a lot of politicians?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

A friend of my mom's just posted this.  Sorry if Syt's in-laws already posted it:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Yeah nobody is saying that. But as I recall the MSM hammered Obama for his 'reset button' and, as it turned out, rightly so. They also gave shit to Bush Jr. and his 'seeing into Putin's Soul' stuff. So this is also a false narrative.

Ah well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2018, 03:30:17 PM
Yeah nobody is saying that. But as I recall the MSM hammered Obama for his 'reset button' and, as it turned out, rightly so.

Did the MSM do that?  I thought it was mostly from right wing outlets.

QuoteThey also gave shit to Bush Jr. and his 'seeing into Putin's Soul' stuff. So this is also a false narrative.

No, that was just Seedy.  Over and over and over :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Don't right wing outlets make up a substantial portion of the mainstream media? I mean I hated Putin and saw very hostile articles in the media about him from the moment he first showed up (around 1998 I think?) so I am very skeptical the media has been proclaiming him 'fine' or all of our dealings with him 'fine'. This is just more attempts to prevent from actually having to defend anything and just make fake equivalencies to lean on.

QuoteNo, that was just Seedy.  Over and over and over

He gaslighted me :weep:

But I could have sworn it was not just him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2018, 03:55:24 PM
Don't right wing outlets make up a substantial portion of the mainstream media? I mean I hated Putin and saw very hostile articles in the media about him from the moment he first showed up in 1998 so I am very skeptical the media has been proclaiming him 'fine' or all of our dealings with him 'fine'. This is just more attempts to prevent from actually having to defend anything and just make fake equivalencies to lean on.

Depends on how you define MSM, I guess.  I don't really consider Fox News to be part of the MSM, for example.

QuoteNo, that was just Seedy.  Over and over and over

He gaslighted me :weep:

But I could have sworn it was not just him.

You're probably right.  But I only remember him saying it.  Over and over and over.

Valmy

If the big networks are not mainstream, what is?

frunk

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2018, 05:29:21 PM
If the big networks are not mainstream, what is?

Mainstream is code for leftist, so even if Fox was the only tv news network it wouldn't be mainstream.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: frunk on July 20, 2018, 05:32:27 PM
Mainstream is code for leftist

The term is also used by the fringe left to describe CNN et al.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2018, 04:00:10 PM
Depends on how you define MSM, I guess.  I don't really consider Fox News to be part of the MSM, for example.

So Fox is fringe media?  Do they know that?

If you define "mainstream" as "anything derspies doesn't like" then you are defining  "anything derspies does like" as "fringe."  Sure you want to go there?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

It's a tough thing to define. Maybe Fox News is mainstream now, as big as they are.

I think you're reading too much into my post, g. I haven't considered Fox News mainstream in the same way I haven't considered MSNBC mainstream.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Razgovory

Yeah nobody is saying that. But as I recall the MSM hammered Obama for his 'reset button' and, as it turned out, rightly so. They also gave shit to Bush Jr. and his 'seeing into Putin's Soul' stuff. So this is also a false narrative.

Ah well.

Yeah, Obama was naive on that.  He was Naive about a lot of things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 20, 2018, 06:37:20 PM

Ah well.

Yeah, Obama was naive on that.  He was Naive about a lot of things.

His only flaw was that he was too nice to Republicans, right?

Razgovory

He was a bit naive about them, wasn't he?