News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I am fine with the payment amount & of doing it before a trial is fine too.

The Martin & Harper governments let a Canadian child be tortured by the US. There's no excuse for that. There is no excuse for it when The Canadian government was doing it to the Native people either.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

A private company in the same situation would settle, 100 times out of 100.  Why should the state waste money time and resources on doomed trial just to make a pointless show of a fight? 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 21, 2017, 07:45:59 PM
A private company in the same situation would settle, 100 times out of 100.  Why should the state waste money time and resources on doomed trial just to make a pointless show of a fight? 

Politics.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

HVC

Where they really fucked up was by actually giving him the money. Iirc he lost a civil trial against his victims family in the states. The government should have awarded baby terrorist the cash, then seized it and handed it over to the the American authorities to give it to the families of the soldiers he  attacked.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Oexmelin

Que le grand cric me croque !

Eddie Teach

Governments do enforce foreign court's orders from time to time, don't they? Like child support, maybe?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Someone I went to high school with shared this on facebook. :wacko:

QuoteTHE GUN PARLOR FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY !

Do you want to win a SIG SAUER P938 EXTREME 9mm PISTOL , Holster & Ammo for free from @thegunparlor?

Simply share this post on your own page, Tag 3 of your Friends in the comments section on our original post and then Follow us @thegunparlor on Facebook

We will pick one winner at random on July 31st 2017 .

Winner must be 21 years or older and licensed in their state if required by law , We will only ship to your local FFL (winner is responsible to pay transfer fee from their local FFL) . If you win & are a Massachusetts resident you can pick up at our store make sure to have your LTC. Employees and Family of The Gun Parlor and The Gun Parlor Range are not eligible to win.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Nice

However, single action trigger=poo
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 21, 2017, 04:11:14 PM
The Martin & Harper governments let a Canadian child be tortured by the US. There's no excuse for that. There is no excuse for it when The Canadian government was doing it to the Native people either.
The Harper government did not let a Canadian child be tortured by the US.  The Harper government let a war prisoner who fought against Canada's allies whill still having a a Canadian passport sit in his jail cell in the US by refusing to allow him back to the country.  The presumed torture happenned before Harper was first elected.

Do you think Canada should have pleaded with Russia for them to return Canadian Waffen SS prisoners immediatly after WWII?

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

A private company in the same situation would settle, 100 times out of 100.
If that were the case, there would never be trials.

Why should the state waste money time and resources on doomed trial just to make a pointless show of a fight? 
To show the public where the problem lies: with judges that do not understand the terrorism threat.  It's not like it's never been talked about.  Sharkaoui is a free man, and many of his students went to fight abroad for ISIS.

Grey Fox, should we send a rescue mission to get them back?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Oexmelin

That had little to do with terrorism, and a lot to do about rule of law.
Que le grand cric me croque !

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on July 22, 2017, 11:03:36 PM
Nice

However, single action trigger=poo

It was good enough for Wyatt Earp, you Bundy.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on July 22, 2017, 11:31:38 PM
A private company in the same situation would settle, 100 times out of 100.
If that were the case, there would never be trials.

Why should the state waste money time and resources on doomed trial just to make a pointless show of a fight? 
To show the public where the problem lies: with judges that do not understand the terrorism threat.  It's not like it's never been talked about.  Sharkaoui is a free man, and many of his students went to fight abroad for ISIS.

Grey Fox, should we send a rescue mission to get them back?

No, a rescue mission to try to extract adults from ISIS is not the same as asking the US government to release a child from cheating-the-law-American prison.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.