News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 17, 2017, 07:31:04 PM
Even if it was true it is a hilariously sad strawman+ad hominem absurdity. The fact it is just 4Chan propaganda makes it worse.

At least Syt's relatives will believe it.

Oh I guess I should mention that according to right wingers on Facebook Snopes is liberal propaganda anyway.

Pretty soon the dictionary is going to be accused liberal bias.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 17, 2017, 08:46:45 PM
Oh I guess I should mention that according to right wingers on Facebook Snopes is liberal propaganda anyway.

The rational, thinking thing to do in that case is perform your own fact checking.  Was Bernie really in Arizona on that day?  Find out for yourself.

Why bother?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

The rational, thinking thing to do in that case is perform your own fact checking.  Was Bernie really in Arizona on that day?  Find out for yourself.
rational?  thinking?  For Bernie Bros and Trumpistas??
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Minsky Moment

Facts also have a liberal bias.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

10 quatloos says that goes up in the Round Room.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Because he is, in that rendition, a man. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 23, 2017, 04:21:47 PM
Because he is, in that rendition, a man. :huh:

But why the hell does he have a beard?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on June 23, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
Asked and answered

We don't accept your cis-gendered assumptions, check your privilege.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 23, 2017, 04:18:43 PM
Why the hell does he have a beard?

My guess is to hide the seam in the digital meld.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on June 23, 2017, 05:58:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 23, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
Asked and answered

We don't accept your cis-gendered assumptions, check your privilege.

I don't know. There seem to be many trans men who use their attainment of facial hair as part of their expression of virility.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive