And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: HVC on April 26, 2017, 08:44:15 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2017, 08:35:34 AM
Adults these days,  :rolleyes:, all they ever do is complain about the latest generation of kids.

The next generation has been the worst generation since the first generation.

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo
Experience bij!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on April 28, 2017, 04:52:14 AM

:lol:

Reminds me of the Club Med ad I heard that used the song "Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart)"  for one of its resorts ... at Chichen Itza.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

So there is this game that popped up on Facebook...today? Maybe yesterday? Where people list 10 bands they claim they have seen live but one of them is a lie and then their bored friends with too much time on their hands try to guess which is the lie.

I am just amazed at how fast this got spoofed and then the spoof gets spoofed and quickly the whole thing becomes part of hundreds of inside jokes that nobody who was not on Facebook in the past 48 hours would understand. Crazy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

I really hope my cousin didn't go to see Ratt. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2017, 02:21:46 PM
who was not on Facebook in the past 48 hours.

Three elderly North Koreans.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

So there is this game that popped up on Facebook...today? Maybe yesterday? Where people list 10 bands they claim they have seen live but one of them is a lie and then their bored friends with too much time on their hands try to guess which is the lie.

I am just amazed at how fast this got spoofed and then the spoof gets spoofed and quickly the whole thing becomes part of hundreds of inside jokes that nobody who was not on Facebook in the past 48 hours would understand. Crazy.

I was on fb and it passed me by. Unfollowing 90% of my contacts has a very good decision.

Savonarola

I had heard about this because CNN ran an... :unsure: article?... :unsure: editorial?... :unsure: inane ramblings of a college girl? I'm not really sure but they ran something on this crucial issue:  10 thoughts about the '10 bands' Facebook meme, and one of them is just 'Why?'

I haven't followed CNN.com as closely as I did before the election; but I see their standards (which were not exactly high in the first place) have actually declined in Trump's America.  How many articles do you really need to run about Saturday Night Live?

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

Yes
Rich Mullins
Three Dog Night
Stabbing Westward
Pearl Jam
Presidents of the United States of America
DC Talk
Carmen

Stopped at eight because I can't remember any more.  :sleep:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: derspiess on April 28, 2017, 04:25:03 PM
I really hope my cousin didn't go to see Ratt.

Mötley Crüe (king of the genre?), Cinderella, Poison, Winger, L.A Guns, Whitesnake, Warrant, Dokken or even early Pantera are ok I guess for the genre.  :D
Could be worse, I mean it could be Bon Jovi.  :lol:

Eddie Teach

CountDeMoney

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2017, 10:09:03 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 29, 2017, 10:02:39 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 29, 2017, 09:58:52 AM
Mötley Crüe (king of the genre?)

Guns N Roses.

Guns N Roses was most definitely not hair metal.

They were a hair band, though.  Most of the bands in Duque de Braganca's post weren't metal.