News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I guess right-wingers really love Cleveland.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zoupa

Valmy

Yeah that was bad look for LeBron. I don't get the others.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Isn't Lebron on record as being vaccinated?  I figured it had to do with vaccinations and masks making you a slave of the Chinese.

Who's the dude at  8:30?

Syt

And this is how some GOP voters see the Ukraine crisis - Biden protecting "his friends in the Ukraine".

Though I guess it's progress that she says the American people voted in Biden as president. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Syt

And yet they whine about temp bans on Facebook. (No, I don't report them, but I guess someone on their friends list does :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Yeah, some of the stuff on the last page went from stupid to vile.

Syt

It's also interesting, my eldest sister is pro-gay rights. Her two oldest sons are gay. Her youngest is trans-male, but my sister keeps referring to her daughter and posting anti-trans content. Said kid has taken himself completely off Facebook; first during the BLM protests when he said there's way too many racists in his feed, and recently he posted that he's fine but that he's keeping off FB because of the dead-naming and non-acceptance from friends and family. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 27, 2022, 10:01:01 PM
Isn't Lebron on record as being vaccinated?  I figured it had to do with vaccinations and masks making you a slave of the Chinese.

No, is what Zoupa linked. The NBA has been accused by conservatives for a couple of years already of being in thrall to Chinese economic interests. When during the HK protests then Houston Rockets' GM Daryl Morey expressed support to the protesters China threw a massive hissy fit, banning all Rockets merchandising from being sold in China, as well as removing their games from broadcasts, and it was feared that it'd reach a point in which China would ban all NBA operations in the country, which is of course an extremely lucrative market for them. The NBA then saved face with China and that put them under fire in the US. LeBron supported the league's position and since than has been periodically excoriated because of that.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Darth Wagtaros

This fetish for being a victim of persecution is so tiring. Especially since it is usually combined with constant masturbating over how clever and strong they are for recgonizing it.
PDH!