News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Viper is not a native English speaker, so he doesn't know the meaning here: "shoving it down my throat" means "existing".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Even if it was true that the writer of that meme didn't care at all and is annoyed by fanatical cultish social justice activists who take thing in weird directions, it still makes no sense to use that as a justification for not having patience or tolerance for gay or ethnic minorities. It is not like all of them are that kind of extreme twitter social justice activist.

Quote from: Eddie Teach on December 02, 2021, 05:35:46 PM
"The right" is not some monolithic entity. Maybe he really doesn't care.

Right. And neither are dark skinned or gay people. That is the con of this meme and the kind of thinking it is hoping to perpetuate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Well, the last sentence has some merit - disconnected from the rest of what was written.

Syt

Also, if I was my sister's employer I'd be wary of any "natural" deaths under her watch. :ph34r:

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

That is wild. Why would any nurse have that opinion?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on December 16, 2021, 12:20:28 PM
Their patients may have differing political views.
PDH!

Syt

Not sure, but it reminds me of various cases of nurses killing patients to "end their needless suffering."
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

I can tell you that back in the day, we definitely went out to play after school, in the same clothes we wore to school, and rarely, if ever, did homework.

There must have been some other hellish time when kids only did homework after school.

The Minsky Moment

There are legitimate concerns about over-use of medical interventions because of economic incentives to generate billings or the practice of defensive medicine to avoid potential liability.
But I don't know what the intent was of the blurb.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2021, 12:15:17 PM

It's good then that we changed our ways or else we would get more persons like the one that posted this...

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 16, 2021, 12:46:36 PM
I can tell you that back in the day, we definitely went out to play after school, in the same clothes we wore to school, and rarely, if ever, did homework.

There must have been some other hellish time when kids only did homework after school.

I believe that was written by someone from the von Trapp family, pre Julie Andrews.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson