And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 22, 2021, 11:56:47 PM
All true except the last part.

It's true - the US government has tried every step that exasperated parents use with stubborn infants that refuse to take their medicine.
But it's still getting the same answer.
I don't wanna
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

FunkMonk

Killing themselves and their families to post dumb memes on FB.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

The Minsky Moment

Arizona managed a budget surplus even through COVID; why do they need an audit?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

Such Americano-centrism. International issues don't happen on your schedule, FFS.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 23, 2021, 11:47:54 AM
Such Americano-centrism. International issues don't happen on your schedule, FFS.

Wasn't the US withdrawal the inciting event?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Ah, yes, the conspiracy of the "World's Wealthy Elite."  People like Donald Trump thinks he is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, I have no idea what this is in reference to ... :unsure:

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Is it maybe about the Australia Covid rules (you know, the quarantine rules that randomly ping you and you have 15 minutes to comply to confirm your location or something?).

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australias-two-largest-states-trial-facial-recognition-software-police-pandemic-2021-09-16/
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

It's not a matter of left and right, but haves and haven't enoughs. Most of the people Trump hung with most of his life were Democrats. Buying his snake oil doesn't mean one has to stop hating the rich as a class.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?