News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on March 28, 2024, 04:30:39 PM:)

Besides that, how you liking the show. Not seeing a lot  coverage of it online, so don't know if it's got a large following, but it deserves one.

It's holding my attention.  I want to see what happens next.

The evil daimyo looks a lot like the greasy underlord of the good guy daimyo.  That confused me.  Blackthorne bellowing and demanding Geneva Convention protection and not getting his head chopped off seems a little a-historical.

Admiral Yi

Watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.  If you take away Margaret Qualley's underage ass sticking out of a car window there's not much left.  Better than your average Tarentino post Pulp Fiction bust.

Sheilbh

Quote from: viper37 on March 27, 2024, 07:02:04 PMOn another subject of interest, 50 bad movies by great directors
I genuinely liked:
49 - The Fountain
46 - Look Who's Talking Too
19 - Death Becomes Her
14 - Junior
3 - Crystal Skull

I'd mount a defence of:
26 - Wild Wild West
25 - Phobia
17 - Alien 3
4 - Psycho

I have watched:
18 - A Good Year
8 - Amsterdam
7 - Episode 1

And I'm searching on Just Watch for Jade :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 28, 2024, 10:29:08 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 27, 2024, 07:02:04 PMok, I do, occasionally watch bad movies.  But at least, I don't do it on purpose.  :yuk:

Only bad television?
Only one NCIS show.  I can take a nap for one hour.  :sleep:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on March 28, 2024, 04:30:39 PMNot seeing a lot  coverage of it online, so don't know if it's got a large following, but it deserves one.
Are you even online?  :P

It's everywhere.  In Canada's both official languages. ;)  Facebook random pages, Reddit posts & subs, historical forums questions about the reality of the depiction of some events. :)

There's been questions asked about a potential season 2, but the authors said it won't happen, it's a one season show.

I don't know about how popular it is elsewhere in the world, but in North America and France, it's a hit.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

I stay off Facebook :P the websites I follow, like io9, have little blurbs, but not that many comments. Not really showing up on my YouTube algorithm either. Coverage is nothing close to the new game of thrones, or the wheel of time for example, and I think shogun is better than either. But I admit I could just be missing it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Shogun is all over my youtube feed.

Josephus

Yeah, I'm also getting a lot of "Shows like Shogun" clickbait stuff.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011