2024 US Presidential Elections Megathread

Started by Syt, May 25, 2023, 02:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on March 26, 2024, 10:14:27 AMBut maybe he's snapped.

Or, maybe, he's gotten tired of pretending to be anti-Trump.

I think that emo Otto is probably the real Otto.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

What's the end game of pretending? Self delusion? At least with going full Hans (nod to minsky :D ) he gets to mess with people.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

OttoVonBismarck

You guys seem to struggle with the idea that people can have red lines. Support for Israel is a red line for me, I can tolerate a lot on which I disagree with to vote against the negatives in the modern GOP. Abandoning Israel is not one of them. It really is as simple as that. I won't abide it, I won't vote for it. Neither party is entitled to my vote. And I am one voter, it isn't a matter of great import who I, individually, vote for.

grumbler

Biden has not "abandoned Israel" and to assert that he has is the worst kind of emo Trumpter bullshit.  Anyone triggered by the US acting in its own interest is no patriot.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on March 26, 2024, 01:06:23 PMBiden has not "abandoned Israel" and to assert that he has is the worst kind of emo Trumpter bullshit.  Anyone triggered by the US acting in its own interest is no patriot.

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on March 26, 2024, 12:51:19 PMAnd I am one voter, it isn't a matter of great import who I, individually, vote for.

That's the thing about voting.  It is a bunch of voters casting a ballet and each one counts and is of great importance.

OttoVonBismarck

Maybe Biden should have reflected on that before elevating the concerns of Hamastans like Rashida Tlaib over one of America's most important allies. Actions have consequences.

crazy canuck

It is interesting to watch the formation of a Trumpeter before our very eyes.  But I take Grumbler's point, perhaps not so much the formation, but the exposure
of the core beliefs that have been present all along

HisMajestyBOB

Full Trump supporter is just played out and boring. Otto should have spiced things up by going full RFK Jr. or Marianne Williamson.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Gups

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on March 26, 2024, 09:09:23 AMGood, the last thing we need is Trump having financial issues that will hurt his campaign. Now that Joe Biden has thrown his lot in with Islamic terrorism defeating him is a priority of national survival. All of the court cases against Trump should be quashed / thrown out. You don't weaken the fight against someone who is actively seeking to derail America like Biden is.

U ok hon?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Valmy

I just don't see how not veto'ing a pointless UNSC resolution is throwing your lot in with Islamism.

I mean China is actively committing genocide against Muslims and they voted for it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."