News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Not sure if true or April Fools, but several websites report that adidas stops selling the German kit with number 44, because, well, the font looks like this:

Apparently a bit similar to the SS runes.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I went to see Sunderland for the first time in 2 years.
This was a mistake.
They were an absolute disaster. The team didn't seem to know each other. They lost 5-1 to Blackburn. The stadium was near-full to begin with, after the 3rd goal went in shortly after half time loads left. When we left in the 85th minute the seagulls had long been circling.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Quote from: Syt on April 01, 2024, 08:30:06 AMNot sure if true or April Fools, but several websites report that adidas stops selling the German kit with number 44, because, well, the font looks like this:

Apparently a bit similar to the SS runes.

They knew what they were doing. Disgusting.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 31, 2024, 08:21:13 PMNervy game today against City led to a scoreless draw at the Etihad. In their two league matches last season Arsenal were outscored 7-2. This season Arsenal outscored City 1-0.

Progress.
:cool:

It would have been better if they had not played for the tie.  I understand why they did it but as a casual observer, it was a pretty boring game.

Gups

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 02, 2024, 08:59:34 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 31, 2024, 08:21:13 PMNervy game today against City led to a scoreless draw at the Etihad. In their two league matches last season Arsenal were outscored 7-2. This season Arsenal outscored City 1-0.

Progress.
:cool:

It would have been better if they had not played for the tie.  I understand why they did it but as a casual observer, it was a pretty boring game.

It was a dreadful game. A real shame because on the whole it's been a spectacularly entertaining season in the EPL.

FunkMonk

Definitely a drab game for neutrals. Both teams essentially canceled each other out and both knew a loss probably meant an end to their league season.

Scheduling this match right after the international break was a crime. Both teams had players injured or unfit and neither side looked fluid enough for such a potentially decisive match.

FunkMonk

From the league that brought you the scoreless draw between City and Arsenal, witness yesterday's 4-3 between Chelsea and Yanited.  :lol:

Genuinely an all-time fail of a match that I couldn't take my eyes off of.