News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2024

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2023, 09:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on March 20, 2024, 11:30:15 AMChris Simon, former NHL player.  Strong man, but talented hockey player too, not just a goon.

Died by suicide at 52.  Former Quebec city Nordiques and Avalanche player.  :(

He will be missed.
QuoteFormer NHL player Chris Simon dies by suicide at 52 and CTE is suspected in his death, family says
Link

Yeah - as soon as you seen "not just a goon" and "death by suicide at 52" your mind goes immediately to CTE.

RIP.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on March 20, 2024, 11:33:52 AM
Quote from: viper37 on March 20, 2024, 11:30:15 AMChris Simon, former NHL player.  Strong man, but talented hockey player too, not just a goon.

Died by suicide at 52.  Former Quebec city Nordiques and Avalanche player.  :(

He will be missed.
QuoteFormer NHL player Chris Simon dies by suicide at 52 and CTE is suspected in his death, family says
Link

Yeah - as soon as you seen "not just a goon" and "death by suicide at 52" your mind goes immediately to CTE.

RIP.
He began his career as a goon, IIRC.  And during one summer, he took advanced skating lessons.  Which seems ridiculous for a hockey player already in the NHL.  But he came back and was a much faster player, able to assist and score goals.  Something a player like John Kordic was unable to do.

If you want a sad story, look for his story.  It required 9 police officers to subdue him on the night of his death.  Poor guy.

Now, back to Chris Simon.  Not a star player, but he could make the plays, have assists and goals.
https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4962

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.