News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

DC3 : Barbarossa under beta

Started by Drakken, October 25, 2015, 09:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

crazy canuck

This is definitely on my list of to get games over the Xmas break.

Berkut

So how do we access the "personal friends with the producer" free copy thing?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on December 09, 2015, 11:26:11 AM
So how do we access the "personal friends with the producer" free copy thing?

:rolleyes:

Drakken

Beta patch installed.

Do you mind if we play this PBEM cold turkey, Tamas? From what I gather from reading the Matrix forum the Soviers are a little bit easier on the n00bs than the Krauts. I don't mind jumping in PBEM without having played any game beforehand, but bare in mind I might screw the pooch on the first turns.  :nelson:

I'll download the manual to my ereader,so I can read it as quickly as possible in the next few days.

What settings do you prefer? I think we both agree, Geneva Conventions are off.  :menace:

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on December 09, 2015, 11:30:09 AM

:rolleyes:

Well you cannot blame Berk from trying to get a free copy of that fine gem.  :hug:

Drakken

After reading the Options in the manual here is what I propose, if it suits you Tamas :

Normal PBEM (password protected)

Geneva Convention Off
Fog of War On
Historical Settings On (but open to turn it Off, if you wish)
Mild Winter Off
Past History On (I'm not entirely sure what it does, other than Off making all characters neither friendly or hostile to you at the beginning of the game)
The rest (Plots, Decisions) left at On.

Tamas

I'd go with Historical off, the events are still well within plausible territory.

I am fine with going cold turkey although you might want to take the Soviets in that case :P

There is plenty to screw up with them as well but its a more forgiving position for big early game errors I think.

Up to you though, I am happy either way.

Oh and there are these "helper" options in game which give you extra stuff during a turn in exchange of VPs. If you feel like using them fine, but I'd advise against it as it would distort the picture and not help you learn the finer points of the game.

Berkut

What is the point of putting up with some Hungarian guy following us around London for hours if I can't at least get a free game out of it some day?

I AM NOT BEING UNREASONABLE HERE!

0 rows returned

Tamas

Tamas

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on December 10, 2015, 04:57:18 AM
I'd go with Historical off, the events are still well within plausible territory.

I am fine with going cold turkey although you might want to take the Soviets in that case :P

There is plenty to screw up with them as well but its a more forgiving position for big early game errors I think.

Oh and there are these "helper" options in game which give you extra stuff during a turn in exchange of VPs. If you feel like using them fine, but I'd advise against it as it would distort the picture and not help you learn the finer points of the game.

I'll go with the Krauts full turkey. If I am to screw up, I'll screw up in style. In any case, sudden death occurs if the Soviets take one of my supply bases in Prussia or Poland so it's not like it will be dragging for weeks. Besides, I have some experience wargaming in WITE to back me up a bit.  :sleep:

Who sets up the game? The German player or the Soviet?

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on December 10, 2015, 09:39:22 AM
You should buy the game though.

I am quite sure I will, actually. This new job just isn't giving me much gaming time anymore though. :(

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Drakken on December 10, 2015, 09:42:06 AM
Quote from: Tamas on December 10, 2015, 04:57:18 AM

I'll go with the Krauts full turkey. If I am to screw up, I'll screw up in style. In any case, sudden death occurs if the Soviets take one of my supply bases in Prussia or Poland so it's not like it will be dragging for weeks. Besides, I have some experience wargaming in WITE to back me up a bit.  :sleep:

Who sets up the game? The German player or the Soviet?

Doesn't matter. I have put up a challenge, "D vs T" with this forum's name as password (all lower case). Please accept then just make your move whenever you are ready. No rush.

Drakken

I accept the challenge tonight when I am back home. Will set my AAR-thread afterwards. Turn 1 is pretty straightforward, anyway, so it won't take long.  :)