News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I decided to try my first game in a long while. Used the star trek mod.
Wow. I...don't understand this at all now. I wonder how much is default stellaris making things more complicated about how much is trek borking. So many resource types.
██████
██████
██████

fromtia

Standard Stellaris is on sale on steam for $10. I'm always down for a bit of 4X, should I get this for quarantine? I dont want any of the add ons or anything because thats not in the budget.
"Just be nice" - James Dalton, Roadhouse.

crazy canuck

The base game is definitely worth that.

fromtia

ulmont

Zanza

The game just got a big update and is a lot of fun now for me. Even the AI is now somewhat competent.

Iormlund

I'm finally starting to play this, and I have no idea of what I'm doing.

fromtia

Quote from: Iormlund on March 22, 2020, 10:33:01 AM
I'm finally starting to play this, and I have not idea of what I'm doing.

We can be greenhorns together. Just downloaded it.

Tonitrus

Quote from: fromtia on March 21, 2020, 07:01:30 PM
Standard Stellaris is on sale on steam for $10. I'm always down for a bit of 4X, should I get this for quarantine? I dont want any of the add ons or anything because thats not in the budget.

Even if you don't do the DLC, there are lots of good mods (even just the cosmetic ones) in the Steam Workshop.

fromtia

Well I'm enjoying Stellaris so far. Heavy on the detail and a bit overwhelming at first, like studying for an exam, but that's to be expected from Paradox. It is doing exactly what I hoped it would, it commands my attention so much, that it stops me worrying and fretting.  :)

I am just running at it though, its familiar enough 4x for me to skip the tutorials and jump on the wiki if I get stuck. Part of the fun.

Razgovory

I have never been able to get into this game.  Any idea how I should start?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fromtia

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2020, 12:52:01 PM
I have never been able to get into this game.  Any idea how I should start?

Crush your enemies. Your space enemies.

Zanza

The more exotic factions are actually easier to play, e.g. machine intelligence or lithoids (both of which require DLCs). Other than that, just play with the humans and roll with it. It's basic 4X mechanisms. I really like especially the exploration part. Not sure how much of that comes from the base game compared to the DLCs though.

I use More Events Mod, Guilli's plant modifiers and Guilli's tech and Tiny Outliner as mods. That's enough to add some more spice to the game without risking overpowered/weird mod things or instability.

crazy canuck

Just noticed a star system named covfefe

celedhring

Stumbled again into the midgame wall. Bored to bits and without much to do or aim for. I could easily crush any of my neighbors if I actually could earn enough influence to put claims on their systems... I'm neighboring a couple of systems with skull-level enemies in them, so I'll try to stick around long enough to attempt to defeat them.