And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on September 26, 2020, 07:45:17 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 25, 2020, 08:30:44 PM
Turning on AI managed for planets and sectors sucks.  It does nothing to reduce the micromanagement in late game.

Where am I going wrong?

Did you load up the sectors with energy and minerals so they could build using the AI?

I actually liked the old, manual sectors a lot better than the automatically-bad sectors the game uses now.
Yes, but keeping them supplied started to be the new micromanagement clickfest.  They didn't seem to use the shared resources pool, even after there was mountains of resources in it.

What mods do people recommend?
PDH!

Zanza

The latest dev diary is basically Star Wars Episode 3 with the Emperor dissolving the republic and proclaiming a Galactic Empire and a rebel faction forming. As Stellaris is built on sci fi tropes, it seems fitting to me.  :)

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/stellaris-dev-diary-201-galactic-imperium.1457502/

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on February 19, 2021, 09:22:00 AM
The latest dev diary is basically Star Wars Episode 3 with the Emperor dissolving the republic and proclaiming a Galactic Empire and a rebel faction forming. As Stellaris is built on sci fi tropes, it seems fitting to me.  :)

They are also adding espionage, a fog of war system re: info about other Empires, and the opportunity to become the endgame crisis yourself.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Yeah, looking forward to the next DLC. I like Stellaris, it had gotten slow and a bit stale though. If they fix performance with the changes to pops and add this new content I can play a few games again. :)

Darth Wagtaros

I just want there to be less micromanaging.  Once you get a bunch of planets or space colonies it gets to be a bitch to shift around unemployed and homeless pops.  That becomes the damn game.
PDH!

Zanza

The next update will halve the pop numbers and introduce automatic resettlement. So the micro in mid and end game should go down.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/stellaris-dev-diary-192-perfectly-balanced-as-all-things-should-be.1443169/

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

mongers

mongers

Zanza

The 3.0 update and Nemesis are released today. Looking forward to finally play Stellaris again.

crazy canuck

I looks promising - it seems this addresses the late game issues.

Tamas

Yeah, lotsa' concerns raised about the new pop model though, how mid/late game growth just stops and late game stuff like ring worlds etc are pointless because it's impossible to fill them with pops.

Solmyr

I'm sure the pop growth mods will fix it in no time. :D

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on April 17, 2021, 02:12:37 AM
I'm sure the pop growth mods will fix it in no time. :D

It's also hard to judge if there are genuine issues, or it is the usual thing of people trying to play as per their old routine and finding it sub-optimal due to drastically different mechanics.