News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 09, 2018, 08:10:15 AM
Interesting design choice to include districts as part of the control cap.  Harder to build tall now?

Played 80 years of my first 2.2 game so far. The soft cap for my capital planet continues to increase as technology and new buildings increase capacity. I expect at some point to close the basic production districts and replace them with housing as the home planet's industries move up the value chain. I think the game might end before that process is complete  :cool:

There are some glitches and balance issues of course, but we can expect these to be resolved in the next few months.

The game is much improved by these changes.

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 09, 2018, 08:10:15 AM
Interesting design choice to include districts as part of the control cap.  Harder to build tall now?

I think you're now intended to go over the cap (unlike before the patch where the target was to stay under the caps), no matter what, to model some inefficiencies in larger empires, whether tall or wide.

Creation of sectors is now automated. You can still have the AI take care of them, but by default they're switched off now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Make sure you guys use this mod, it's very frequently updated and as I've read the vanilla AI is basically broken:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1584133829

Syt

Yeah, I'm too casual for mods whose only goal is to make the game ultrahard for players who have mastered or min/maxed all the games' systems. :P

"With this mod you can play Stellaris on the ensign difficulty setting and still have a challenging game."

Yeah, I get my ass handed to me on average without mods, so no thanks. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on December 10, 2018, 09:43:21 AM
Yeah, I'm too casual for mods whose only goal is to make the game ultrahard for players who have mastered or min/maxed all the games' systems. :P

"With this mod you can play Stellaris on the ensign difficulty setting and still have a challenging game."

Yeah, I get my ass handed to me on average without mods, so no thanks. :D

No that's not what it is about, at least not the 2.2 version of it.

In 2.2 vanilla, the AI:

-does not repair buildings so a war will cripple AI planets permanently
-does not upgrade buildings so it will fall behind severely

and a bunch of other pretty damned stuff I've forgotten. The guy has tweaked the AI, plus made workarounds for now. e.g. he has disabled building-ruining by bombardment, and created an event chain to help the AI upgrade buildings.

Richard Hakluyt

Yeah, I'm happy to use this first game as a sort of tutorial to familiarise myself with the new systems.

Come the new year, after a fortifying month or two off, I'm sure that the scholarly Swedes will get the AI to be more competitive.

Tonitrus

Meh, I dunno.  The last version had a pretty major AI flaw (AI empires would rather easily get themselves into a starvation loop, and never make any effort to produce enough food to get out of it...I'd come across lots of empty planets with no buildings/tiles developed), and they never bothered to address it.

Syt

Beta patch!

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-team-stellaris_test-beta-branch-updated-with-many-new-fixes-checksum-8b3a.1136212/

Quote#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.2.2 ###########################
#################################################################

######################
# 2.2 'Le Guin' Free Features
######################

* Added the new "Legion" flag set, with 6 new flags

###################
# Balance
###################

* Reduced effectiveness of Bio-Reactor
* Increased cost of Unity buildings
* Reduced mineral cost of roboticist and fabricator jobs
* Increased base alloy job production from 2 to 3
* Resource stockpiles have by default been increased from 10000 to 15000. Default stockpile for Energy Credits increased to 50000
* Drone Campaign and Robot Campaign effects reduced from +20% to +10%
* Synthetic Evolution ascension perk now gives +10% robot output
* The chance of criminal Branch Offices getting shut down has been reduced slightly, and the cooldown between shutdown events has been reduced to 10 years
* At least one year with little or no crime must pass for a colony's criminal Branch Office to potentially get shut down (increased from one day)
* Different kinds of Unity buildings are now more consistent in how many Jobs they create
* Betharian Power Plant building now creates Jobs in addition to its flat Energy Credits output
* Bunker Bot's scrap value increased
* Massively reduced point defense weapon damage against armour
* Democratic Crusaders now also take a dim view of corporate authority
* Caravaneer home base will only be re-established if at least one Caravaneer fleet is still alive

###################
# AI
###################

* Improved AI planet building priorities
* Improved AI market trading
* AI no longer bounces a single scientist around multiple ships, choking their exploration and growth

###################
# UI
###################

* Building and District tooltips are now more informative in regards to what resources they use and produce from their jobs
* Fixed the missing "Megacorp" ownership icon in the MP lobby
* Added a warning when you try to colonize a very low habitability planet directly with a colony ship
* Piracy is now shown for non trading nations (if within their borders)
* Fixed the UI shattering hilariously if you clicked the population tab on an uncolonized planet
* Fixed Expansion Planner wrongly revealing rare deposits on unsurveyed worlds
* Fixed tooltip for Aristocratic Elite to show the building it unlocks
* Added a popup to tell player when resettlement will cause building destruction
* Adjusted the resource deficit notification to pop once you are down to 12 months' reserves
* Small tweaks to the Planets and Sectors screen
* Fixed tooltip wrongly stating planet had no rare planetary features if they were covered by a blocker

###################
# Modding
###################

* Add num_uncleared_blockers trigger - checks the planet's total amount of uncleared blockers

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Number of districts required to enact Arcology Project is no longer reduced by uncleared blockers
* Fixed overlapping UI elements in Megastructure view
* Authoritarian faction is now also OK with Academic Privilege and Robotic Servitors
* Tech drones and Technician jobs now correctly look for the Ingenious trait rather than Thrifty (which was changed to trade value)
* Starting on Earth as Life-Seeded now properly gives you a 25 size planet with rare deposits
* Fixed an OOS on hotjoin due to MIA ships reappearing in different places on server and client
* Fixed status quo peace not spawning new empires in ideology and vassalization wars
* Fixed ship alloy costs being truncated in the choose design window of the fleet designer
* Fixed first wave scourge invasion fleets being led by admirals using robot portraits for some bizarre reason
* Fixed massively out of date credits in the Chinese version, because Jamor is a human that exists in the universe apparently
* Fixed out of synch event related to special projects
* Added missing effects to the description of the Trium Caravaneer's atmospheric deodorizer deal
* Gateways will no longer spawn in directly adjacent systems on galaxy creation
* Fixes the issue of people not able to hot join a multiplayer when too many players are present
* Made tweaks to Galactic Market that should prevent an infinite profits exploit from flooding the market, then rebuying, you shameless tophat-wearing capitalist exploiters, you
* Fixed a graphical display bug with shielded worlds
* Fixed an incorrect modifier being applied by the "Alien Drag Racing" anomaly
* Improved the text truncation in longer planetary Decision descriptions, should avoid spillouts
* Reduced number of calls to CalcMaxEmployed done in DailyUpdate by up to 50%. Should improve performance
* Fixed literally unplayable grammar issue in the Horizon Signal event chain
* Fixed leader portraits being slightly off-center in level up windows
* Fixed OOS due to Leaders not being reregistered when changing class (Scientist to Empire Leader, etc)
* Fixed potential CTD when loading market and certain empires no longer exist, because all those empires will be lost, in time, like tears in rain
* Empire size modifier on leader cost and upkeep is now multiplied on the total and not added to the other mult modifiers
* Fixed OOS due to Galactic Market cache
* Fixed Master's Teaching: Warring States edict not affecting army upkeep as it should
* Fixed Gospel of the Masses civic not applying trade value bonus
* Fixed event spam when gaining access to the Galactic Market
* "Free at last" modifiers are now removed from the planet after it's reconquered (or conquered by anyone else)
* Prevented abandoned terraforming project or underground civilization events on an Ecumenopolis
* Added a check so that servitude robots cannot become criminals. We'll miss you, serial killer auto assembly claw.
* Khan, "berserker" and "invader" AI personalities should no longer get stuck considering targets they cannot reach
* Fixed empire size tooltip with literally unplayable missing % signs
* Fanatic Purifiers, Determined Exterminators, and Devouring Swarms now have a tooltip properly explaining why, as generally antisocial genocidal murderers, they are not welcome in the Galactic Market
* Fixed issue where the Marauder Horde was not dealt with properly if the Khan died of old age
* Reworked refugee pop effect script to eliminate faulty event spam
* Fixed a situation with total wars. If a player takes a planet that has the same name as a planet he already owns, a new sector would be created with that name, but with no planets in it
* Effects of "Survival of the Fittest" tradition now include a "%" character where needed
* Fixed broken tooltips for Gang Wars and Mob Rule events
* Fixed a bug where presapient pops on a planet would distort the necessary number of fully sapient pops required to unlock the next building slot
* Fixed some missing resource icons in various screens and tooltips
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

This all looks great but like any Paradox patch I'll wait a couple months.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

Quote from: Syt on December 08, 2018, 02:57:00 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 08, 2018, 02:43:13 AM
I'm enjoying the planeatary management, much more engaging than the tile system.

Unfortunately the new trade route system involves micromanagement of corvette patrols to suppress piracy  :bleeding:

You can set them on patrol duty. Alternatively, you can add hangars(?) to space stations, which spreads the pirate protection, too.

Any military module (guns, hangars, missiles) spreads a station's anti-piracy influence; a couple of strategically placed stations can make all the difference.

Also, the influence of your station ignores borders, so that annoying alien thumb into your territory is suddenly not so annoying.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Syt

Not sure if this goes here or into the Canada Politics thread ...  :hmm:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I've never noticed this in the game. It's there in every earth or a possible generated feature?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Well, Earth can spawn in different states, from primitives to tomb world, so I guess this is one of the variants.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

I wondered what Neil was up to these days.