HAY GUISE! - The Ed Anger Deathwatch Thread

Started by Ed Anger, July 21, 2015, 07:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 05, 2018, 07:27:18 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 05, 2018, 07:16:46 AM
I've combed Ohio obituaries. Some candidates, no one definitive.

Five children (or six if we count the French one) should narrow it down, no?

Do we know where in Ohio he lived?

derspiess

Quote from: Threviel on October 05, 2018, 07:40:28 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 05, 2018, 07:27:18 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 05, 2018, 07:16:46 AM
I've combed Ohio obituaries. Some candidates, no one definitive.

Five children (or six if we count the French one) should narrow it down, no?

Do we know where in Ohio he lived?

I figured out the exact town once but forgot.  It's somewhere in the Dayton-Columbus-Cincinnati triangle-- closer to Dayton than the other two.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Figured it was a Dayton suburb.

Someone has the Vagina wall house picture? Google photo search it, see what the algorythm finds.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

only one I can find with the right age is Alexander Morris, but he passed away in September.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on October 05, 2018, 10:42:28 AM
only one I can find with the right age is Alexander Morris, but he passed away in September.

That guy was still updating his Facebook profile picture one week before he died. Probably not Ed.

Also: being able to investigate people like that on the Internets is weird.

Threviel

So he might live. What chance did he have? Is there any hope for a recovery?

Caliga

If it helps I believe he grew up in Harlan, KY.  That's the kind of detail that might be in an obit.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on October 05, 2018, 10:42:28 AM

I thought his name was Hawkins
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on October 05, 2018, 11:21:20 AM
A liver transplant maybe? Let's hope. Although I am afraid he would have updated us on that.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on October 05, 2018, 01:07:56 PM
Quote from: Threviel on October 05, 2018, 11:21:20 AM
A liver transplant maybe? Let's hope. Although I am afraid he would have updated us on that.

He mentioned a consult about that very thing.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

Had it not been for him mentioning hospice, I'd have more hope.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

OttoVonBismarck

He has non-alcoholic liver disease which was causing liver failure, and a consequence of that disease is it can often cause fluid retention which causes further damage to internal organs. I believe he mentioned kidneys were starting to shut down because of it. It's a condition that can be very survivable, but he was at the point in the end where it sounded like he needed a transplant, but his general condition was so poor he would not be a transplant candidate (because his health was so poor he would be unlikely to survive the process, so the transplant committee where he was getting treatment likely would have declined to perform a transplant.) So what he would need is a month or maybe a couple months of "stable" health, where they were able to get him to stop having bouts of serious fluid retention, infections and etc. [I asked a doctor I live with for an assessment given the info we had from re-reading the thread.]

Also I don't believe I ever had Mb/Ed's email address, sadly.

Regardless I hope he's still with us and focusing on getting healthy and beating this thing.

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2018, 02:37:44 PM
Had it not been for him mentioning hospice, I'd have more hope.

It kills me to think about his children.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."