News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 17, 2020, 09:03:40 AM
It sounds like a good starting premise for an "impure" movie to me; but I'm probably a bad person  :hmm:

I think you should write a screenplay.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

It sounds like a good starting premise for an "impure" movie to me; but I'm probably a bad person  :hmm:
I don't know why but it made me think of a Twitter thread I recently saw about a 12th century Middle Irish story Middle Irish story about lesbians accidentally having a baby.

A woman goes up to the king and asks him to determine the baby's father because she's not had sex with a man in a long time. The king asks if she's had "playful mating" with another woman - which she says she has. So the king basically says well she must have had sex with her husband beforehand and the semen fell into your womb during your "tumbling".

At this point - for reasons I don't fully understand - a priest falls out of the sky and announces that he made a deal with a demon (a dreadful deal - basically the priest gets some nice woodwork furniture out of it - "I had built a house, and there was no craftsman in the world that I thought good enough to make the woodwork. And a demon came to me in the shape of a man, and he made the woodwork in the house, and he would take no payment except that I should bow down to him."). Because of the deal, demons have been carrying him while flying about for the last 7 years but they then overheard the king who was speaking truth so the demons scattered, freeing the priest.

There are then various different versions of this story in other records: 15th century manuscript, an epilogue to a 16th century bardic poem (written by the Chief Justice of the Common Pleas:lol), another 16th century version. It's really interesting because the bit that they get prudish about isn't these lesbian parents running around but the mention of "semen" which gets cut out in later versions.

In one of the 16th century versions they explicitly say the inability of her husband to satisfy her is why the second woman starts "tumbling" with the other woman :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

I like the part in the History of the Franks by Gregory of Tours where he casually mentions a male cross-dresser.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Just saw Guy Lafleur was trending on Twitter.  I thought "oh fuck, not another one".

But no - they're just making a movie about him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 17, 2020, 01:17:49 PM
I don't know why but it made me think of a Twitter thread I recently saw about a 12th century Middle Irish story Middle Irish story about lesbians accidentally having a baby.

A woman goes up to the king and asks him to determine the baby's father because she's not had sex with a man in a long time. The king asks if she's had "playful mating" with another woman - which she says she has. So the king basically says well she must have had sex with her husband beforehand and the semen fell into your womb during your "tumbling".

At this point - for reasons I don't fully understand - a priest falls out of the sky and announces that he made a deal with a demon (a dreadful deal - basically the priest gets some nice woodwork furniture out of it - "I had built a house, and there was no craftsman in the world that I thought good enough to make the woodwork. And a demon came to me in the shape of a man, and he made the woodwork in the house, and he would take no payment except that I should bow down to him."). Because of the deal, demons have been carrying him while flying about for the last 7 years but they then overheard the king who was speaking truth so the demons scattered, freeing the priest.

There are then various different versions of this story in other records: 15th century manuscript, an epilogue to a 16th century bardic poem (written by the Chief Justice of the Common Pleas:lol), another 16th century version. It's really interesting because the bit that they get prudish about isn't these lesbian parents running around but the mention of "semen" which gets cut out in later versions.

In one of the 16th century versions they explicitly say the inability of her husband to satisfy her is why the second woman starts "tumbling" with the other woman :lol:

:lol:

Good to know that the medieval Irish were relaxed about "tumbling"  :cool:

Nowadays priests can go to IKEA instead of swearing fealty to demons.

I suppose that the danger of the semen is that a child could be fathered by the wrong person and property/titles could therefore also end up in the wrong hands?

Josquius

So that's why it's called tumbler :shock:
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Rosh Hasanah falls on National Cheeseburger day this year.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2020, 01:05:01 PM

An unkosher snack for a very kosher holiday.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

They should put it on Yom Kippur. Then you can binge a half dozen cheeseburgers and spend the rest of the day atoning.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Sheilbh on September 17, 2020, 01:17:49 PM

Heh I wonder if that attitude could have been influenced by the odd lacunae in Leviticus - male homosexuality is expressly labelled an abomination and prohibited, but there is no mention, thus no prohibition, against female homosexuality.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2020, 01:05:01 PM

Man, God really does have it out for the Jews.  :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

PDH

Of course HE does.  That is sort of the point of the religion if I am reading it right...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Richard Hakluyt

Yeah, "chosen people" is a bit two-edged really  :huh: