And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 30, 2020, 03:00:05 PM
I love animals with human names :blush:

The kids have named our younger cat Simon, and our beagle pup Scarlet. :)

The older cat (who is older than the kids) I named Heinsberg, after the tiny Alberta village he was found in.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

My mother adopted two cats and I ended up taking one. They're named Artemis (mine) and Apollo.  Apollo was originally named Betsy because it was a black and white cat and mom thought it was a girl. Turned out to be a boy and was renamed lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on June 30, 2020, 03:18:09 PM
My mother adopted two cats and I ended up taking one. They're named Artemis (mine) and Apollo.  Apollo was originally named Betsy because it was a black and white cat and mom thought it was a girl. Turned out to be a boy and was renamed lol

Big Wild, Wild West fan?

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2020, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 30, 2020, 03:18:09 PM

Big Wild, Wild West fan?

Had to look up the reference :D. Nah, I liked Artemis for my cats name. Goddess of the hunt and what not. When we had to rename the other one Apollo seemed apt because he was her brother.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2020, 03:15:26 PM
The older cat (who is older than the kids) I named Heinsberg, after the tiny Alberta village he was found in.

Are you certain about the spelling?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

Quote from: The Brain on June 30, 2020, 03:35:27 PM

Unless you can measure it nobody knows.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

No.  :Embarrass:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinsburg

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2020, 03:53:36 PM

I knew it! Or did I?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on June 30, 2020, 04:28:49 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 30, 2020, 03:53:36 PM

I knew it! Or did I?

Admit it!  You thought I mis-spelled Heisenberg!   :menace:

Grey Fox

If I had a dog, I would call him Richard.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Today I learned that netball is a real thing. I've probably heard the term a few, but only in the context of a character showing their lack of athletic/sports knowledge by making up sports terms.

mongers

I like cats with entirely descriptive names; my last two cats were never named by me, the tabby cat became Tabby and the dark cat got 'named' Pepper by a visitor as that was it's colouring and pattern of coat. 

The stray cat that's recently taken up residency here, still has no name, I won't name it, but see if anything evolves, maybe it'll sign it's name in the cat litter?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on June 30, 2020, 07:42:53 PM
I like cats with entirely descriptive names; my last two cats were never named by me, the tabby cat became Tabby and the dark cat got 'named' Pepper by a visitor as that was it's colouring and pattern of coat. 

The stray cat that's recently taken up residency here, still has no name, I won't name it, but see if anything evolves, maybe it'll sign it's name in the cat litter?  :bowler:

Well the last two cats I named were "The Brown One" and "The Gray One".  Eventually I shortened to "Brown" and "Gray".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 30, 2020, 05:15:29 PM
If I had a dog, I would call him Richard.
My cat was named Richard. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points