And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Eddie Teach on May 31, 2020, 03:48:17 PM
The Caucasus too.  :P

Stop discriminating against Caucasians (Caucasoids?:D), this reeks of a crypto virtue signaling jab at "white privilege".   :P

North of the Caucasus is fine actually. Though nowadays, Lesser Caucasus in included as well so that would make Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan part of geographic Europe (cultural being another matter).

Or we could go back to the good ole Tanais/Don river limit, pre-Peter the Great.

The Brain

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 31, 2020, 03:39:04 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 31, 2020, 10:53:58 AM
Russia is pretty cheap.

Including Turkey, and not Russia, is indeed very cheap.  :P

The map includes Russia, even if all we're told is that it's less than $1.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

RIP Christo. That's a wrap :(

The Brain

Quote from: Maladict on May 31, 2020, 04:53:53 PM
RIP Christo. That's a wrap :(

Well he had fallen on hard times. I've seen his work on some really beat up non-glamorous buildings in Stockholm.

PDH

Guy must have made a mint from his spin-off termite fumigation business.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

UK looks hellish expensive.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: DGuller on June 01, 2020, 12:22:42 AM
UK looks hellish expensive.

It looked high to me too. I don't have a smartphone so I asked my wife how much her contract cost; £12 per month and that includes 8Gb data allowance plus unlimited calls and texts. So I guess that maybe if you buy 1Gb on a pay-as-you-go basis its £5................or the map is wrong  :mellow:

Syt

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 01, 2020, 01:21:31 AMI don't have a smartphone

At this point in time I'd be disappointed if you did. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Further exciting data from the UK on phone costs; my eldest pays £20 a month and has unlimited data.

@Syt....I may buy one next year; my youngest will move out some time in the next year and when he does I will be free. I'm going to need a fancy phone for my travels  :cool:

Josquius

I get 2gb for £8. I'm sure I shopped around quite a lot and it was one of the better options. There must be some catch with these others?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

My bundle comes with 10Gb of mobile Internet for €50, but it also includes cable internet and a landline that I've never used.

Richard Hakluyt

They are monthly contracts, service only, they both bought their phones outright.

Josquius

Just read a piece... Apparently its a trend amongst MAGA types in the US to post pictures of themselves pointing a gun at their crotch to prove how good they are with a gun :blink:
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 01, 2020, 02:06:18 AM
Just read a piece... Apparently its a trend amongst MAGA types in the US to post pictures of themselves pointing a gun at their crotch to prove how good they are with a gun :blink:

Wh... whaaaaaaat??!? :blink: