Author Topic: The Off Topic Topic  (Read 2887699 times)

Admiral Yi

• Neil
Re: The Off Topic Topic
« Reply #72285 on: November 09, 2019, 09:38:34 am »
Now I'm starting to see this OK boomer thing everywhere.
I'm up $25 on DGuller.

grumbler

• Blessed by Valmy
  • I'll sleep when I'm dead
« Reply #72286 on: November 09, 2019, 12:11:49 pm »
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #72287 on: November 10, 2019, 02:00:28 am »
So, we're having a repeat general election today, after the socdems failed to get a minority government going last time around. Most polls are projecting a slight decline for them, a far right surge, and another hung parliament. Fun times (not).

The Larch

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #72288 on: November 10, 2019, 08:30:11 am »
So, we're having a repeat general election today, after the socdems failed to get a minority government going last time around. Most polls are projecting a slight decline for them, a far right surge, and another hung parliament. Fun times (not).

I just realized there was no face poll for this one, but I guess that at this point they're all well known by the forum.  :P

Razgovory

• Blessed by Valmy
  • Neil
  • Madman of Languish
« Reply #72289 on: November 10, 2019, 09:52:51 am »
Ide, Jaron, Slargos, Seedy, Camper, et al

Like tears in the rain.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

"I love how Raz just becomes the caricature for exactly what he is claiming doesn't actually exist...and he doesn't even know it! He is 100% oblivious to the irony of his own statements." - Berkut telling a lie.

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #72290 on: November 10, 2019, 04:36:28 pm »

I just realized there was no face poll for this one, but I guess that at this point they're all well known by the forum.  :P

Didn't want to bore our fellow languishites, I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunity for reruns in 2020.  :P <_<

Anyway, far right surges and becomes third largest party in Spain, but the left/right balance doesn't change much. Socdems win again after losing a few seats, and hung parliament it is.

Admiral Yi

• Neil
« Reply #72291 on: November 10, 2019, 04:52:15 pm »
The retards playing reconquista are now 3rd largest?
I'm up $25 on DGuller.

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #72292 on: November 10, 2019, 04:58:00 pm »
The retards playing reconquista are now 3rd largest?

They got 15% of the vote. They were polling well under 10% before the Barcelona riots, of which they have benefited tremendously.

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #72293 on: November 10, 2019, 05:05:44 pm »
So... Conservative/ nazi coalition?
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #72294 on: November 10, 2019, 05:11:19 pm »
So... Conservative/ nazi coalition?

Nah, they are far from a majority and overall they have less seats than the left. The left can't get a majority either unless they deal with the separatists, which won't probably happen.

There are some scenarios where the liberals could abstain and let a lefty government be sworn in without unsavory parties involved. The liberals have been nearly wiped out, so they have little to lose now.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 05:13:58 pm by celedhring »

Admiral Yi

• Neil
« Reply #72295 on: November 10, 2019, 07:40:03 pm »
The liberals have been nearly wiped out

Spain is doomed.
I'm up $25 on DGuller.

Valmy

• Neil
  • Champions du Monde
« Reply #72296 on: November 10, 2019, 08:36:53 pm »
The liberals have been nearly wiped out, so they have little to lose now.

My God. My poor Cs :weep:
If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Valmy is practically french. :frog:

Honorary gay award from Martinus

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • Not capturing Amiens.
« Reply #72297 on: November 11, 2019, 01:59:19 am »

Rejecting a coalition with the socdems a few months ago was a blunder for the ages.

The Larch

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #72298 on: November 11, 2019, 06:24:22 am »

Rejecting a coalition with the socdems a few months ago was a blunder for the ages.

That, and going hard right on a fruitless bid to overcome PP as the main right wing party. Rivera was truly a disgrace for a party that could have been so much more. Let's see what happens now that he has resigned.

Sheilbh

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #72299 on: November 11, 2019, 06:30:08 am »

Didn't want to bore our fellow languishites, I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunity for reruns in 2020.  :P <_<

Anyway, far right surges and becomes third largest party in Spain, but the left/right balance doesn't change much. Socdems win again after losing a few seats, and hung parliament it is.
Still find it fascinating that what sparked far-right revival in spain was separatism. It seems unique in Europe.

Also Cs deserve to be wiped out for working with the far-right. Donít fully know how you can be a friendly pro-European, liberal party (that, at least for a while, pretended to be centrist) that cooperates with fascists.

Interesting blog on this challenge for the European right:
https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/europpblog/2019/07/05/lessons-from-ciudadanos-how-liberal-parties-struggle-to-deal-with-the-radical-right/
Let's bomb Russia!