News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

France and Germany BFFs

I am amazed Russians like Germany so much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

They buy our iron ore and ball bearings.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Italian figure stands out imo. Twice as high as in UK, France or Spain for unfavorable  :hmm:

Josquius

Pleasantly surprised the UK isn't that dumb
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Monty Python found!
Lingk

QuoteMonty the ball python went missing on June 13, the same night the Toronto Raptors won their first NBA Championship in franchise history.

How he ended up escaping from inside his terrarium is still a head scratcher, but his owner has tossed around a few ideas.

"Either he escaped on his own or he had some help from a very happy Raptors fan -- we're not sure," laughed Samantha Sannella.

Sannella's son discovered the snake on Thanksgiving while opening a cupboard in the basement of the family's Toronto home. Monty had been missing since June and the family was getting ready to post his terrarium online for sale when the snake decided to come out of hiding.
[...]
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

I've had a car again for a week now.
And I can officially redeclare based on updated experiences : driving absolutely sucks and cars are one of the worst inventions in the history of humankind.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Speaking at least for around here...you blokes, while very polite most times in terms of giving way when appropriate...suck at driving.  And drive like maniacs on these narrow/poorly maintained "roads".

Richard Hakluyt

Tamas

Apart from the noted reckless bravery on the tiny pedestrian pathways jokingly declared two-way roads for cars by some drunk Victorian 200 years ago, drivers here are much better on average than in Hungary. Far from everyone, of course, but still okay.

Syt

That was one of my main impressions of rural UK when I visited. That, compared to continental Europe, houses and streets seemed scaled down by 10-20%.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 16, 2019, 11:10:12 AM
Italian figure stands out imo. Twice as high as in UK, France or Spain for unfavorable  :hmm:

Would have been interesting to get the figure for Portugal, another country hit hard by austerity.

Syt

Apparently Poland is moving to ban sex ed from school. All of it. To protect kids from "depravity." The proposed law offers up to 3 years in prison for any teacher violating it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

They can look forward to a raise in teenage pregnancy numbers.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 17, 2019, 07:29:55 AM
They can look forward to a raise in teenage pregnancy numbers.

Like that's a bad thing in conservative Catholic circles. :D

*queue "Every Sperm is Sacred" from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life*
—Stephen Jay Gould