Author Topic: The Off Topic Topic  (Read 3304884 times)

celedhring

• Octogon Champion
  • On lockdown
Re: The Off Topic Topic
« Reply #71955 on: October 14, 2019, 08:47:37 am »
Never seen that much of a point in those cleaning robots... I can see plenty of places in my home where a robot couldn't reach, and those are the ones that are actually annoying to clean.

Tamas

• Blessed by Valmy
  • we are not in Kansas anymore
« Reply #71956 on: October 14, 2019, 09:32:04 am »
Went with a Neato D6 :P

I think we have managed to keep the majority of our new flat fairly easily navigable for a robot. My hope is that it will keep things clean enough so I can just do the hard to reach parts manually every 3 few weeks. Will see.

Liep

• Incan Torpedo Boat Commander
  • Russia is fake news
« Reply #71957 on: October 14, 2019, 12:28:03 pm »
So Fortnite closed down before the new season and it's apparently real news. "How to talk to your kid about Fortnite closing"
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #71958 on: October 14, 2019, 03:19:10 pm »
Closed down?
Why? They were printing money.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

• Blessed by Valmy
  • All man
« Reply #71959 on: October 14, 2019, 03:25:28 pm »
Inflation.
You are gay.

Habbaku

• Octogon Champion
  • Mussoloony
« Reply #71960 on: October 14, 2019, 03:32:45 pm »
Closed down?
Why? They were printing money.

The important part here is "before the new season". They didn't close down for good.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #71961 on: October 14, 2019, 03:35:13 pm »
Fortnite is up there with famous YouTubers in making me feel there's a clear generational difference between me (a millenial) and the kids and it makes me feel old :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #71962 on: October 14, 2019, 03:38:05 pm »
“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Habbaku

• Octogon Champion
  • Mussoloony
« Reply #71963 on: October 14, 2019, 03:40:39 pm »
Fortnite is up there with famous YouTubers in making me feel there's a clear generational difference between me (a millenial) and the kids and it makes me feel old :(

I don't feel old, but I also don't really see the appeal of Fortnite either. Famous YouTubers just makes sense, though. Especially since a whole heap of them are Millennials.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tyr

• Blessed by Valmy
  • In the end we will win
« Reply #71964 on: October 14, 2019, 04:20:27 pm »
I sometimes look at what kids these days are into and feel old.

Then I remember that when I was a kid I didn't really like what kids were into then either.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

• Neil
  • let's play bullets and bracelets
« Reply #71965 on: October 14, 2019, 04:29:13 pm »

I don't feel old, but I also don't really see the appeal of Fortnite either. Famous YouTubers just makes sense, though. Especially since a whole heap of them are Millennials.

I'm with Sheilbh. I don't see why people would want to follow these "content creators".
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #71966 on: October 14, 2019, 04:40:44 pm »

I don't know what Fortnite is really :ph34r:

With YouTubers I just didn't notice it until like 20,000 Londoners were trying to buy tickets to see two YouTubers box each other. And it just struck me this whole new culture had built up behind my back. It's fine I just suddenly noticed.

Same with Fortnite, I became aware of it because footballers were doing Fortnite victory celebrations and I was like - what? :blink:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 04:50:25 pm by Sheilbh »
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

• Neil
« Reply #71967 on: October 14, 2019, 04:47:55 pm »
If by follow you mean subscribe to their channels, we do it because they make content that resonates somehow.
You know I'm going to lose and gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it, baby, I don't want to live forever.

Hong Kong Add Oil :showoff:

Syt

• Blessed by Valmy
« Reply #71968 on: October 15, 2019, 12:57:34 am »

:wub:
“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Tamas

• Blessed by Valmy
  • we are not in Kansas anymore
« Reply #71969 on: October 15, 2019, 05:29:28 am »

Yeah, Youtubers, and apparent pop music for me. There is now clearly a generational gap between me and young people, and it is only going to widen.

I mean, timescale-wise, me listening to 90s rock now is EXACTLY like people listening to 60s rock when I was a kid. Depressing.