News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Glad we have amateur experts here who are far more expert in road verge maintenance than the people who are the paid experts in the matter.  <_<
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zoupa

Quote from: grumbler on June 16, 2019, 10:21:45 AM
Glad we have amateur experts here who are far more expert in road verge maintenance than the people who are the paid experts in the matter.  <_<

Seriously? Jesus Christ dude.

Eddie Teach

Grumbler has his money invested in John Deere.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quoteplanted 8 miles of wild flower verges

:unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I thank you for deferring to my experience in the matter.  In Jefferson City we mowed pretty much everything once a week.  On state property they used prison labor to plant flowers.  Not the same extent as those pictures though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Maladict

So you're saying the paid experts disagreed about the new road verge vegetation in Rotherham? They told you this when you talked to them?

DGuller

Pretty much every subject we talk about has experts in its field, of which few if any post on Languish.  It would be a very boring forum if one were to refrain from posting an opinion on anything that is not one's area of expertise.

Tamas

Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2019, 10:25:23 AM

Seriously? Jesus Christ dude.

No need to worry, there are plenty of places in Surrey where vegetation is left to grow blocking views at roundabouts/crossroads.

Admiral Yi

I defer to the expertise of the Rotherham School for Advanced Roadside Studies.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2019, 03:30:38 PM
I defer to the expertise of the Rotherham School for Advanced Roadside Studies.

How did you hear about my alma mater?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on June 16, 2019, 04:37:18 PM
How did you hear about my alma mater?

I subscribe to a few academic mowing journals.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

A Norwegian kid just broke Jack Nicklaus' 30 (?) year old record for low score by an amateur at the US Open.

dps

Closer to a 60 year old mark;  Nicklaus' record was set in 1960.

Admiral Yi

D'oh! Brain fart, too lazy to double check.