News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Random EU stat of the week:

We always do well in these random QOL stats. But why do Italians feel so lonely?  :hmm:

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on April 24, 2018, 06:25:42 AM
A lady from a godforsaken village in my region has gone viral because she has a certain resemblance to Trump. Thoughts?  :P

MAGGA!!! (Make Galicia Great Again)

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 24, 2018, 07:31:15 AM
A lady from a godforsaken village in my region has gone viral because she has a certain resemblance to Trump. Thoughts?  :P

MAGGA!!! (Make Galicia Great Again)

Like this, plz.

The Brain

I just got an exercise bike. I think dynamic tension must be hard work. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

I get a phone call from an unknown number.  In a synthetic voice read out says that they are revenue canada and they have a criminal complaint for tax deficiencies out against "my name" and urging me to call a number back.

Now I wish I'd written down that number and called them to torment them for awhile, then maybe report them for criminal charges.  But eh, I have too much work to do on my own.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

It think it's a remarkable likeness.  Seriously.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2018, 02:51:22 PM

Except she has big hands.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Have they ever been seen together?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2018, 02:38:28 PM
I get a phone call from an unknown number.  In a synthetic voice read out says that they are revenue canada and they have a criminal complaint for tax deficiencies out against "my name" and urging me to call a number back.

Now I wish I'd written down that number and called them to torment them for awhile, then maybe report them for criminal charges.  But eh, I have too much work to do on my own.

It's fun.  My favorite is when I get calls from India telling me I qualify for a lower APR on my credit card.  I was able to keep one of them on the line for 37 minutes before I told them the customer service number on the back of my card was 1-800-FUCKOFF.

Honorable mention goes to the calls telling me my PC has a virus.  Those guys get extra pissed when they realize you're screwing with them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 24, 2018, 02:51:22 PM

She has been featured in Newsweek now.  :lol:

http://www.newsweek.com/woman-who-looks-trump-goes-viral-spain-its-because-my-hair-color-898790

Another pic of her, with less of a resemblance to Trump, possibly because she's smiling on it.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Holy crap, that's still around?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Habbaku

Yes, but there's been a furor amongst every both of Nancy's fans over it changing artists/writers and adapting to modern times.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien