News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Times like this I miss CdM ... at my firm, someone asked the following via all-professionals email:

QuoteGood afternoon,

Sorry for the interruption. I have an unusual question. I have two reporters working on a contentious series about a radical group in [Redacted] and they are concerned about reprisals and their safety. Has anyone ever used, or know, a consultant who specializes in risk assessment, who can analyze what the risks are for them once their names and stories are out and how best to protect themselves.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Malthus if you get blown up as collateral damage i'll miss you
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Can I have the cottage?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Enough with the cottaging already.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 23, 2018, 01:51:04 PM
Malthus if you get blown up as collateral damage i'll miss you

I'll miss you too.

After all, I'd be blown up all the way downtown. No way my bits will be blown all the way to where you work.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Lawrence and Kennedy. closest I've ever worked to home lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

I need a new roof. Dammit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

More Basecop tips:

Leave tires in the yard
Find a rusty swing set and place it in the yard
Be shirtless with a mullet
Empty beer bottles piled beside the house
Car on blocks.

Admiral Yi

Drink beer at grocery store

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Squirrel tails hanging on the clothesline.

The Larch

A lady from a godforsaken village in my region has gone viral because she has a certain resemblance to Trump. Thoughts?  :P

Josquius

██████
██████
██████